3.Motorcycle guy

"You look pale."Thomas helped a bewildered Rekha to settle on the seat.He pointed at the seat belt and she ignored him,knowing it wasn't a long drive."Had a bad night?"

Bad night plus extra ordinary morning she'd had.After having a nightmare enriched slumber with occasional wake ups and shrieks,she'd opened her baggy eyes only to find a new surprise waving at her.

Before she slept the previous night,she had left her bags unpacked and had ordered the middle aged housemaid to leave them to her.She loved it when she dismantled her packed up things herself so that she'd know if she had carried everything.

"Am okay,thank you."

Thomas's gaze lingered on her for a little while,before he pulled back and settled in his leather seat.

"You have that scrunched up nose,twitching small finger and biting your lips after every second."He pushed the key into the ignition and revved up the engine."A sign that you have a lot of things dancing around that pretty little head of yours."

Yes,she had a lot of clowns perfoming circus in her mind.Because upon waking up,she'd found her bags unpacked and everything put in order inside her closet.And whoever did that left it open for her to see the big reveal.

At first,she had thought that the maid,with her persisting nature,had taken advantage of her exhaustion and stealthily unpacked the luggage.But there was more than just a filled closet before her.Next to her bedside table which had been empty was the framed picture she loved of the little her,smiling goofily, with her parents in either sides of her six year old frame.That had been taken in some Indian festival,back in New Delhi before her parents succumbed to a plane crash.

She had been taken in by her grandmother who resided in her matrimonial home in Colorado,and since then she only knew the old lady as her only parent.

What tickled her fear though,was the fact that whoever placed that picture,knew where she'd want it to be.On the left side of the table,just before the lamp and slightly tilted towards the bed.The other remaining pictures were just like how she'd arranged them back in that crappy apartment in California.Except for two,which had been exchanged.Meaning the person hadn't been that perfect but still?

"Do you believe in ghosts?"Thomas gave her a weird look,probably wondering why she was suddenly speaking of such.So to clear the air,she shrugged nonchalantly."As in like you know I was watching this movie and it kinda gave me chills so I just thought maybe it's just some spooky movie...you know..."She chuckled awkwardly."So,I thought hey why not try and find out if ghosts are really real or just..."

"Are you okay?"

Thomas paused on the wheel and leaned back in his seat.He placed his right fist beneath his chin and sprouted his lips forward.A sign that he wanted her to spill.Spill what?

That after looking around the room,she had spotted a pink sticker,with the love heart curved on it,sitting peacefully next to her parents picture?

"Mrs Smith is waiting for us."She pulled her cellphone out.Waving at him,she smiled with that awkward pressure."I don't wanna be late on my first day."

Staring at her,he scoffed and raised his eyebrows inquisitively at her.She intentionally ignored that skeptic look and focused on the driveway ahead.

"Okay."

She heard the movements in his seat,and then the car moved and fell on the driveway.She lowered the window,and savoured the feel of the wind hitting her face.

Vicki's ghost was definitely around her,but Rekha had no idea what her ex best friend wanted so as to appease her spirit.Then again,only violent and disastrous ghosts needed to be appeased and not one that saved someone's face from losing it's taste or arranging everything in their room.