2

>>word count; 1029<<

Luna is close to being 17 :)

~Katherine's Pov~

"I talked to Rick and Carol.." Daryl said.
We were sitting in the little living room area on the couch. "About?" I asked. "Carol told me she wanted to take over for me, for a while.." he said. "I was gonna do it," I said. He sighed shaking his head a bit. "I know, i don't want you here though." He said, I sighed a bit and looked at him. "I would've been okay." I said. "I know." He said. The door opened and we looked over to see Luna walking in with a smile on her face. "I like him." She said leaning against the door. I smiled too. "Yeah?" I asked. She nodded, "Mhm." She said looking at me then Daryl. "He was you expected?" He asked. She nodded, "Yeah." She said coming to us. "Both of you gave me two sides of him, I see then both." She said. Luna really hit it off with Daryl, I've noticed that she befriends people easily which is a bad thing..

I get it though because I was her. I tried to see the best in everyone, I still do sometimes. I just didn't want her to get hurt, people aren't what they used to be.. At least some of them. She's been hanging out with Daryl a lot, he's been teaching her how to fix bikes. She's getting good at it, "I'm going to bed," She said coming up to me, She kissed my cheek. "Goodnight," She said. "Night baby." I said. "Night kid." Daryl said and she walked to her room.

I looked back at Daryl and he looked back at me too. "What'd you talk to Rick about?" I asked. He shrugged, "Same thing. 'Bout this place. The crops. Shit like that.. But Carol's takin' over, I'm thinkin' of goin' to Hilltop. To be with Maggie and the baby." He said nodding a bit. "Kid still wants to go to Alexandria, you two should go, take 'er." He said looking down at his hands. He started fidgeting with his fingers. I smiled a bit at him. He really likes her, and Luna likes him.

He looked at me, ".. What.?" he asked. I shook my head a bit, "I love you." I whispered. He kept looking at me, ".. I love you too." He said as he looked away from me. I smiled a bit more and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, hugging him. He put his hands on my arm, holding me back in a way. I kissed his cheek, "I'm gonna go to bed, I'm tired." I said softly as I pulled away. "Are you coming?" I asked. He nodded, "In a bit, I'm gonna grab a smoke. Carol put mine out." he said. "Alright." i said softly and got up. "Night," He said as i got up.

~The next day~

"So, I go in after her nap and pick her up and the diaper just explodes all over me." Aaron said as we worked on the bridge. I laughed a bit, "I'm so sorry." I said. "Sounds like good times." Daryl said grabbing a few nails. We were working on the bridge, ever since the storm hit this bridge was just ruined. We needed it to get to the other communities quicker. "Oh the best. You'll see." Aaron said. I raised an eyebrow not looking up, I smiled a bit and started hammering a nail in the piece of wood. "What.?" Aaron asked, I looked up to see him looking at Daryl. "You'd be a great dad." he said looking at him. "Yeah." Daryl said looking back down, "Husbandly duties." He said.

I gasped and laughed a bit looking at Daryl. He looked at me with a nail between his teeth, squinting because of the sun. I covered my mouth as he looked at me. "I-" I said and uncovered my mouth. "I had nothing to do with that. That was all him. I didn't say anything." I said holding my hands up in defense, the hammer still in my hand.
We still haven't really changed the title of our relationship to anything.. We don't really say Husband and Wife we're just- us.. I love to tease Daryl around with the title but i don't think he was comfortable with saying it out loud yet.. I didn't really care in all honesty, as long as we were together and he was by my side I don't care about the official title.

".. Stop swingin' that thing around before you hurt yourself." He said looking back down. Aaron laughed and looked at me. I laughed a little looking at him too, "How's your kid.?" He asked. "Oh she's great. My husband's fulfilling his husbandly dad duties. " I said hammering in another nail to the piece of wood. "Hey Kath," Daryl said, "Yes?" i asked looking at him, acting clueless. "You wanna shut up.?" He asked smirking. I smiled. "Yes Mr. Dixon." I said and we continued working. Aaron got up and went to go get some more things. "In all seriousness," I said looking up at Daryl.

He looked up at me, "Luna's never had a father figure until Gray. But you're different to her.." I said, he completely stopped what he was doing. I can spot the difference when she talks about my brother and when she talks about Daryl. It's a huge difference. "You're a good father figure to her.. Even if she's not yours." I said looking at him. He shook his head a bit. "She's as much mine as she is yours.." He said still looking at me.

He's only known her for a few months but he truly cares about her. If she's not with me or Gray, she's with Daryl. I gave him a soft smile, "You're so cute." I said softly. He scoffed and looked back down, starting up again. He cleared his throat a bit, kind of brushing off my comment, or at least trying to. "Shut the hell up." he said and hammered in the nail. "Hey." I said keeping the small smile on my face. He looked back up at me, "Thank you." i said softly.

A/N; Get ready for soft dad moments between Luna and Daryl

A/N; Get ready for soft dad moments between Luna and Daryl. 🥰