18

So, based off your votes; you guys want to see Kath come back with Connie (hopefully she's alive 🥺). So for the time being, we'll be focusing the chapters on Luna's Pov. Some things to look forward to are moments with Luna and the following characters;

Daryl, Grayson, Angel, Kelly, Negan, Judith and maybe Magna.

>>Word count; 1261<<

~Luna's Pov~

We were trying to get the kids out first since Lydia said her mom was coming. The kids were our first priority, to get them somewhere safe and out of this battle.. But when Daryl came back with the rest, They came back with 2 bodies, people that went out earlier to scout. He told us the roads were all blocked which means it was just Hilltop now, against all of the Whisperers. It was scary, they could easily gather up more walkers and outnumber the hell out of us, and we had no help. No one can get here on time. We were on our own.

"Hey." I looked back to see Daryl. "Hey." i said. He sat down next to me on the bench, I was at the back of Hilltop, where people were buried. I was looking at one of the graves here. My mom said that Glenn was her best friend, I never got to meet him. She said Negan was the one who killed him, I saw a painting in the office of him. She told me a lot of stories about him and others who weren't here today when I was younger.

She talked a lot about him and Rick most of all. I looked back down at the grave, "You were stupid." I said not looking at him, not building up to it. He looked over at me, "What?" he asked. "Going after her. Are you crazy.?" I asked looking over at him. "Why the hell would you do that.? She could've killed you. She almost did. What if you didn't come back.? And both of you-" I cut myself off and just looked at him. "What if you didn't come back either.?" I asked, He looked down at the grave again. I shook my head. "God, I hate that about you." I said feeling tears in my eyes, getting angry. He looked back at me, "What." He said.

"When you're mad, you do stupid shit like what you just pulled off. You don't think about anyone but yourself." I said. "Nah, I went after her because of you and your mom. That's what was on my mind. Both of you. You two are my main priorities. Don't say that shit to me again. Both of you are always on my damn mind." He said looking at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat, slowly feeling the pressure build up in my chest again. I was always with my mom, ever since i left the Sanctuary i've never left her side and she's never left mine, those last few runs she went on was the first time i didn't go out with her.

This was also the first time i've been away from my uncle, he's been protecting me since i was 12. "Alright.? You're my kid too. You're my responsibility. I gotta watch out for you, I don't give a shit if you're 22. You're still a kid." He said. I shook my head. "Maybe I should be the one looking after you. Keeping you from doing stupid shit because you got beat up pretty bad. You look like shit.." I said. He scoffed and looked down. I looked down too and I wiped the tears that finally fell. "We watch out for each other." He said he said looking at the grave as well. My mom said Daryl and Carol were the only ones left from the original group. They're the ones that have the most history together out of everyone else.

"Do you think she's dead?" I asked, my voice cracked. I covered my mouth quickly, He looked at me. "I don't know. I wanna believe she isn't but I can't promise you anything.. Not with this. I can't lie to you." He said, I uncovered my mouth and moved some hair out of my face. "What do you think.?" He asked. I shrugged wiping another tear. "I don't know.. I don't want her to be." I said looking over to him. "I'm really scared that she is though. And we can't even go out looking for her because we're trapped in here." I said trying not to cry. It was starting to get dark, the Whisperers were probably on their way right now and it only added to my fear.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him, getting upset with myself again. "And I really hate myself right now because of what i said to her. I don't want that to be the last thing I said to her." I said failing to keep myself from crying. He stood up, "Get up.." he said. I stood up after a second. "Right now, all you gotta focus on on protectin' this place." He said reaching out and wiping the tears from my cheek. "I'm worried too." He said and pulled his hand away from my face.

"I've been through this shit once already. She ever tell you about the prison.? When she got sick.?" He asked. I nodded a bit, trying to calm myself down. "Hell, now that i'm thinking about it, I lost her twice. We found each other though. I found her the first time. We found each other the second time. We'll find her this one too, but we don't know anythin' yet. So you gotta prepare yourself for the worst.. Anything can happen and whatever happens you gotta be ready for it.." He said shaking his head.

"What if she is dead.?" I asked, my voice shook. I don't want her to be dead but he's right.. Anything can happen. He stayed silent for a few seconds, ".. We gotta be here for each other.. But we gotta keep fighting.." He said. "You can't leave. Not like last time that you left after Rick. You can't leave me. That you can promise. So promise that you won't leave, Daryl. Because if you leave-" "I won't." He said cutting me off. He shook his head. "I won't, I promise." He said. I nodded, "Okay." I said wiping under my eyes again. "We gotta get ready for this fight. Alright? You gotta focus." he said. I nodded again, taking my hands away from my face, "Yeah- yeah. Okay." I said taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. He nodded a bit looking at me.

"Alright.. Come 'ere." he said and put a hand on my shoulder, he pulled me into him. I hugged him back and closed my eyes. All day today we've all been working on getting everyone and everything together for this fight. Eugene was working on this electrical fence while the rest of us here were gathering everything we needed, making plans. He rubbed my back a bit, "Don't cry.. We'll figure this out." He said. I nodded a bit resting my head on his shoulder.

"When we're out there, you stay close to me. You everything i tell you to. I need to be able to see you. You understand.?" he asked as we pulled away, "Yeah." i said. We looked over, hearing footsteps approaching us. We saw it was Carol, she looked at both of us. Daryl put a hand on my back. "Let's go." he said and we walked away from her. I looked back at her as we walked and she just looked down, crying a little. "I need you to watch over Lydia." He said. I looked back at him. "Alright?" He asked looking at me too, taking his hand off my back. I nodded, "Yeah." i said softly.

A/N; i hope y'all don't hate me bc i'm making Daryl not talk to Carol just for a while

A/N; i hope y'all don't hate me bc i'm making Daryl not talk to Carol just for a while.. It only makes sense since he did lose his wife in his book. It's crazy to think when i first wrote this book in 2018, I didn't have Luna in it. I'm glad i decided to add her before i posted. It was VERY last minute, This book wouldn't have been the same without her.