13

>>Word count; 1525<<

A/N; This is a long chapter haha

~Katherine's Pov~

The sickness was spreading, Angel and my brother started feeling sick this morning. Rosita was still sick, I was watching Coco right now since I knew Siddiq was tired. He and Dante have been working hard trying to get people better, trying to slow down the spread. It felt like the prison all over again in a way if i'm being honest.. The sick people being quarantined and all. But I don't think it was that deadly, no one's died yet there's just been a lot of puking and fevers. The door opened and I looked over to see Daryl and Lydia, "Um- can i still take the room..?" She asked looking at me. I nodded giving her a soft smile. "Yeah, Of course. It's the last room to your right," I said. "Thank you." She said holding her arm, I nodded a bit and she looked down at Coco then back at me then headed upstairs.

I looked over at Daryl. "Welcome back Mr. Dixon." I said. He came over and sat down next to me on the couch, leaning in to kiss me. I kissed him back and he looked down at Coco as I fed her a bottle. "Where's Luna?" he asked putting a hand on her head. "She's at Angels.. She got sick, she's taking care of her." I said. "Luna's sick.??" He asked looking up at me, taking his hand off of Coco's head. "No- no, Angel. My brother is too, symptoms started today." I said nodding a bit.

"She shouldn't be there then. She'll end up sick too." He said looking at me. I shrugged, "Yeah that's what i told her, nothing's gonna keep her from leaving, we both know that. She finally moved in with her by the way." I said looking down at Coco. "Yeah she talked to me yesterday, before i left." He said. I nodded, "Mm, okay.. See? You jinxed it. She moved out too soon." I said looking at him with a smile. "It was bound to happen at some point." He said and looked at Coco then back at me.

"We brought back one of 'em.." He said. Yesterday he went out to accompany Carol since she was going alone, I don't know why she was going out there but Daryl didn't want her to be alone. "We came across some of 'em, she took one hostage. He's in the cell." He said. "Are you guys okay.?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah. We're gonna try to get answers out of him later. Just wanted to get her up there.. She said Luna talked to her about the room." He said. I nodded a bit, "Yeah, do you guys need me.?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nah, Gabriel told me he wants you to keep an eye on her some more. I'll keep you updated." He said putting a hand on my thigh, he rubbed it a bit. "See you later." He said and kissed my cheek. He stood up, "Good luck." I said. "Yeah," he said and walked out of the house.

~The next day~

Yesterday was a crazy day, a lot of things happened.. The man that they brought in died in his cell, also the first person who was sick finally died. She was an old lady, her name was Cheryl. Lydia was gone, she went out with Carol and she wasn't back yet. Also Siddiq was dead. Last night Rosita came to my house since I was the closest to her. She was crying, holding Coco. She told us about Dante killing Siddiq, her killing Siddiq to save Coco. "He's been here 4 months." Aaron said. It was just Carol, Daryl and myself in here with him. "How didn't I know.?" He asked not looking at us. "None of us knew. Don't beat yourself up over it." I said.

I gotta admit, Dante was a hell of a good liar. But it did piss me off knowing that he was in our walls. He made friends, helped people out.. He was right under our noses and we didn't recognize the threat.

I added this part mostly bc of the herd bc it's important but you can skip this little part :)

"We all ate together. We talked about training the Militia. He treated Gracie." He said upset. "Don't do that to yourself." Carol said looking at him. "Yeah, especially now. We gotta keep our heads straight, try to figure out what's going on." Daryl said. "Mary- the whisperer I've been talking to, uh.. Told me where Alpha was keeping her herd. Just over the border on their side." Aaron said, I looked over at Daryl but he and Carol were focused on Aaron. "It's  his sunken field on the edge of the national forest." He said looking at us. "We can leave right after the funeral." Carol said.

"We're gonna trust a whisperer now?" Daryl asked. "We don't even know if what she's saying is true." I said looking at Carol. "You wanna do nothing.?" She asked looking at us. "Lydia's still gone." Daryl said walking to her. "We don't even know what that means yet." He said. "Alpha doesn't know that. With Dante locked up in his cell she never has to." Aaron said. I sat down and at the table looked at them, sighing a bit. "We ain't even gonna talk about how this is probably an ambush.?" Daryl asked.

"The baby Connie rescued, apparently that's Mary's nephew. She wants to see him. I don't think she's lying." Aaron said. "Alright, get a group from Hilltop. Meet us there. The second we're done we're going looking for the girl." Daryl said. "Yeah, i'll radio them. Maybe they can get the news to Michonne too." Aaron said standing up. "Alright." Daryl said as Aaron walked out. I looked back at Daryl. "I'll meet you at the house. Get our things ready." He said.

Okay it's over now

~~~

We just finished Siddiq's funeral. A group of us were heading out to see if we could actually find Alpha's herd. "Mom." We looked back to see Luna and Angel walking up to us. "Don't go." Luna said looking at us. "We gotta." Daryl said. "Let me go with you." She said. I shook my head. "You have to stay, Everyone has a part to play, your job is to stay here and protect this place in case anything happens." I said. "Babe they're gonna be back.." Angel said, She looked slightly back at her.

"We will," Daryl said looking at her. Luna looked back at him. "I don't-" She said then looked at me. "Mom please." She said softly. "We'll be back." Daryl said strapping his crossbow on his back. "Can you promise me that.?" She asked looking at Daryl. "Can you promise you guys are gonna come back.? That you're gonna be safe.? Because I wouldn't. Especially not with them out there. Not now." She said looking away from Daryl and over to me. "How can you go.? Straight for the herd.? Why.?" She asked getting mad.

"For you. For- everyone here. For our communities. We're just looking, we're not gonna do anything." I said. Grayson walked over to us as well, "Okay then just let me go. I can take care of myself." She said. "I know you can, but no. I can't let you come.." I said. I wanted her safe, and having her here was the safest play. "Fine go. Dejame otra vez." Leave me again. She said. I furrowed my eyebrows, taken back by what she said. I looked at her obviously hurt, she knew damn well that comment hurt me.

"Alright- that's enough. Go." Grayson said looking at Luna, understanding what she just said. We looked at each other for a few seconds not saying nothing until she turned around and walked away from us. "I'm sorry." Angel said, she didn't understand either but the looks we exchanged said enough. She turned around and went after Luna.  I looked at Grayson. "She's just mad. She's tired. She didn't mean it." He said looking at me. I nodded slightly ".. Yeah.." I whispered.

"I'll talk to her.. Just be careful alright.?" he asked holding his arm out, I hugged him and just looked at the floor. He rubbed my back a bit then we pulled away. "Be careful." He repeated. "Yeah," I said. He looked at Daryl and gave him a little nod. He returned it and Gray walked away from us. Daryl looked at me and put a hand on my back, "Cmon.." he said and ran his hand up to my shoulder. "Cmon," He repeated. We turned around and walked towards the gate, I furrowed my eyebrows a bit again.

Does she think i left her when she was little..? We haven't really had a full conversation about it but i thought i made it clear that i lost her.. I didn't leave her. I'd never leave her like that. I looked down at the floor slightly as we kept walking.

She didn't mean it.. She's just mad that I didn't let her come.

I get that she's mad and it probably just came out but for her to say it meant she was already thinking of it.

A/N: The cave scene is comingggg ahh