4

>>Word Count; 1025<<

I THOUGHT I CAN TRY TO MAKE RICK LAST LONGER IN THE SEQUEL BUT I COULDN'T THIS IS THAT EPISODE I'M SORRYYYY 😭

Imagine this gif as Daryl holding Kath when it happens.🥺

~Katherine's Pov~

"Come with me." Rick said walking up to me. I followed him and we went over to the truck and he pointed at Justin's body. I haven't seen it yet, He was all bloody and torn up by walkers. "You see that.? The wound.?" He asked looking at me. I kept looking at the body and shook my head, Daryl couldn't have done it. He was with me last night in the tent. It wasn't him. "Looks like an arrow." He said. "No." I said looking at him. He looked down then back at me. "Kath.." He said. "No." I said. "Who else has a weapon that small. That can cause a wound like that.?" He asked. I shrugged, "Don't care, It wasn't Daryl." I said. He had this look on his face. "It wasn't Daryl." I repeated. "How do you know.? Did you talk to him.?" He asked. "He was with me last night." I said. "All night.?" He asked.

I remember him going out for a smoke because he was still worked up about Aaron. But he didn't take his bow with him. "Yes." I said after thinking for a second, "I need you to talk to him. Ask him." He said. I shook my head. ".. I'm not doing that. He wouldn't kill him like that, he hates him but he wouldn't kill him. You talk to him if you want to but i'm not making him think a thought like this crossed my mind." I said. "People think he's the one who did it." He said. "Yeah i know. But it wasn't him.. Don't drag me into this.." I said. "You're already part of this. You always have been. You're gonna have to do things like this one day. Lead." He said. I kept looking at him, "I don't want to." I said softly. "You're gonna have to.. And you're gonna have to do things you won't like sometimes. But it's for the greater good. You'll see that one day." He said looking me in the eyes.

~Couple of days later~

We got a message from Daryl coming from the walkie talking about Rick and the bridge so we went. And when we got there we saw Rick leading the herd of walkers over the bridge. But he was hurt.. I saw the blood from down where Daryl and I were. Daryl shot 2 walkers that were getting too close to him. "What is he doing?!" Maggie asked as we looked at him. "He's hurt." Michonne said, he was holding his side. I looked at him then at the herd, there were way too many and he was losing a lot of blood. "That herd would've gone right through Hilltop. He's trying to bring down the bridge." Daryl said looking at him. "No." Michonne said and ran, pulling out her sword. "We turn them around. Fight 'em back." Maggie said and she ran. "Fire your guns. Try to divert them." Carol said and they followed Maggie, I stayed with Daryl. Rick just looked at us, kind of in shock. He shook his head holding his bloody hand out then looking back at the Walkers.

He was saying something but we couldn't hear him. "There's too many." i said and shot another one that was getting too close to him, My heart was slowly starting to race. He took down another one with his Ax, Daryl and I kept shooting at the ones that were getting too close to him. "Rick move!" I called out as they kept coming, He just stood there.. Looking at the walkers coming to him. He looked down at us and just gave us a little nod, still not moving.

"Please!" I called out feeling tears well up in my eyes. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at the walkers. Just like that, before another action could be done.. the bridge blew up with him on it. I gasped, feeling my heart break immediately. "No!" I yelled and started crying. I dropped my gun and collapsed to the ground, gripping the dirt, watching the walkers fall into the water. "Rick!-" I cried, I heard Michonne's screams and cries from the distance too. Daryl stayed standing, crying as well. "No!" I repeated as tears fell.

Daryl put his bow down and came to me on the floor. He pulled me into him but I couldn't stop crying, we just watched the bridge go up in flames and the walkers falling in the water. He put a hand on the side of my head catching his breath a bit, just holding me. I closed my eyes and held his arm back, in a way holding him back. "No-" i said and kept crying. I opened my eyes again but everything was blurry because of the tears. He rested his forehead on the top of my head trying his best to calm down.

But i couldn't, i wasn't even trying to, because i knew if i even tried to calm down it wouldn't help. "We gotta go." Daryl said, his voice breaking a little bit. "No-" I cried looking at the bridge. My heart ached again. This was a feeling you never get used to, no matter how many times you experience loss, it's either the same pain or worse than the last one. "We gotta go." He said picking me up, "No!" I cried again and fell back down to the floor, on my knees

"Kath- Cmon." He said getting in front of me. He put his hands on my cheeks but I just cried. "We gotta go." He repeated and wiped my tears. "Rick-" I said. "I know. I know.. We gotta go.. Please." he said with tears in his eyes. I shook my head. He grabbed my gun from the floor and put it in my holster. "Cmon." He said and picked me up. As soon as I was on my feet I threw myself in his arms, he hugged me back without hesitating. I never thought we'd lose Rick.. out of everyone, the thought never crossed my mind but here we are..

We lost Rick.

A/N: I didn't know how to end this chapter, i'm so sad y'all

A/N: I didn't know how to end this chapter, i'm so sad y'all. 🥺😭

RIP but not really Rick Grimes :( 💓