3

>>Word count; 1418<<

~Katherine's Pov~

I looked over hearing a thump, It sounded like someone fell. We saw Justin drinking from the gallon of water and Henry on the floor. Henry stood up and pulled out his stick, hitting Justin's legs. "Back off.!" He said as Justin hit the floor. I put the hammer down and stood up straight, one of the guys laughed. "Hey man it's cool, I got my ass handed to me by a kid one time too." he said walking up to Justin. " 'course i was 6 at the time." he said, Justin stood up and walked towards Henry.

I was about to head over but Daryl went before me, grabbing his arm. "Kid's just doing his job." Daryl said as they looked at each other. There was a lot of tension between them, they both have problems with each other. "Just- get back to work alright.?" I asked walking up to them. Some sort of fight always broke out when these two came into contact, whether it be verbal or physical but it happens every time and fight was the last thing we needed right now.

"I don't need your people telling me what to do." He said looking at me then back at Daryl. "You're not my babysitter anymore." He said about to turn around. "You lay a hand on that kid, it won't end well for you. Just saying." I said looking at him, He looked back at me. "I don't take orders from him, what makes you think I'm taking orders from you.?" He asked and turned around, Daryl grabbed his arm trying to pull him away from Henry but Justin swung. I backed up as Daryl backed up slightly too, dodging the hit. "Daryl-" I said about to grab his arm but he swung too and hit Justin. "Okay- Alright." i said putting a hand on Daryl's chest. Justin fell on the pile of wood dust. I looked down at him, "It's over. Leave, Cool off. We don't need this shit." I said, He swung his arm and threw the dust at us. I closed my eyes, took my hand off of Daryl's chest and put both hands over my face feeling my eyes start to burn.

I got pulled away but I heard fighting going on. "Did it get in your eyes??" I heard Aaron's voice. I nodded a bit, "Yeah." I said feeling a tear leave my eyes. I wasn't crying but my eyes were watering like crazy because of the dust. "Don't rub your eyes. Cmon." He said leading me away. I heard the screams start to fade. "Where are we going?" i asked opening my eyes- or at least trying to. My eyes were burning. "Oh- nope. Not gonna do that." i said closing them again. I wiped under my eyes to get rid of the tears. "To camp. Wash your face with some water." He said. "What's going on?!" I heard Rick's voice. "Daryl's fighting with Justin, go." I said keeping my eyes covered. I heard them run again. Aaron took me to camp and helped me get the dust out of my eyes.

~Later on that same day~

I walked down to the small river by our camp to see Daryl washing some blood off his arms. He took a group out earlier to cut some lumber and when they came back, Aaron's was hurt. He lost his arm because there was a herd showed up. Justin didn't play his part in turning it around so in result, someone got spooked and a log fell on Aaron's arm. Enid had to amputate, he was okay but it sucks that he lost it..  I walked up to Daryl and sat down on the floor, a few feet behind him and i just looked at him. He looked back at me too but kept wiping the blood off of him with a rag. He got into another fight with Justin because of the whole Aaron situation, I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on my knee. He looked away from me and I looked at the water, just listening to the water and the birds in the trees.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked. "Yeah, Enid's workin' on him right now." He said coming to me, He sat down next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. We haven't had a day like this in a while.. He dropped the rag and looked forward at the water too. "I'll talk to Rick." I said. "Nah, He needs to do this on his own. Realize keeping assholes like this in the camp's gonna make shit worse." He said, I nodded a bit opening my eyes then holding his hand. He sighed a bit and held it back. "Things'll work out, just give it time." I said resting my head back on his shoulder.

~The next day~

Someone killed Justin.. Some people were out looking for him and they came across him as a walker. Rick kicked him out last night but he didn't get far. The Savors were pissed trying to start fights with our people but we were here stopping them from hurting any of our people. "Hey- Hey! Stop this shit!" Alden said trying to stop it too. He was one of the Saviors at the Hilltop but it seemed like he really turned himself around. "Stop it!" he called out. Everyone calmed down a little and looked at him, "We're gonna find out who did this. We're gonna make sure it never happens to us again, Alright.?" He asked. "Us.? You're not one of us anymore." Jed said. He was one of the people who started this.

"Us means all of us." He said looking at Jed. Jed threw a punch and Alden fell back a bit. "Go shovel that horse shit to whoever killed Justin." He said about to throw another punch. Carol stopped him, putting a hand on his chest and another on her gun. "Back off asshole." I said walking up to them. "You guys starting a damn riot isn't gonna make things move faster. So back off." I said looking at him. Carol took her hand off his chest, "Turn around, all of you." Carol said. "No can do Cee." Jed said looking at her.

"Why don't you go ahead and yank that Roscoe and pop me right here? It's better than worrying about getting it in the back." He said. Carol pulled out her gun, "Seriously.?" i asked as everyone pulled out their guns making the Saviors back up. They had no weapons, we were the only ones that had them. "Put them away." I said looking everyone, They looked at me not moving. Some of them still had their eyes glued on the Saviors in front of us. "Now.!" I called out, slowly people started putting them away.

This was gonna escalate and more people were gonna end up dead if no one calmed down.

"We don't want this." Laura said stepping up to us. "We just need to protect ourselves." She said. "No guns.!" I heard Daryl's voice. Everyone turned to look at him. "That 'cause you're the one who took out Justin.?" D.J. said, "Or did you have your bitch do your dirty work.?" He asked. "Oooh you just wanna get punched in the dick don't ya buddy.?" I asked looking at him annoyed. "Nah, my money's on garbage lady." The man next to him said.

"Revenge for Simon's play, sure." Regina said. "Nah, it's him. Finishing what he started." D.J. said looking at Daryl. He walked over to the tree and picked up an ax. "Okay now you guys can pull out your guns. There's weapons involved- literal knife to gun fight but." I said pulling out my gun. Everyone pulled their guns out too. Arat went up to him. "Stop it. It's gonna go too far." she said trying to stop D.J. "Nah, it won't." Daryl said and pointed his crossbow at him. "Maybe it was all 3 of them. Cmon." He said and walked, the people behind him holding weapons too. We all pointed our weapons at him.

They started walking up to us but Rick showed up on his horse. "Everyone back off, right now!" he said. He used his horse as a barrier to keep us separated. Rick looked down at me, I shook my head looking up at him.

 Rick looked down at me, I shook my head looking up at him

A/N: I'm not ready for Rick's scene.. 💔