Not A Clue

"Here," I say. She takes the cup from my hands and begins sifting the dry powder in her mouth quickly. I take a step back with a deep breath. It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't got that girl, Emma's friend. I was beginning to think it was impossible.

I reach down and pull the cup away from her. She didn't finish it, but I really wanted to go.

"Please," she says quietly. I turn around, just before leaving. Her eyebrows were pointed up in a sad way. For once, I actually got her to beg. I grin.

"Are you still hungry?" I ask. She nods ferociously. I shrug.

"Do you want a piece bread?" I ask.

"Yes, please, anything," she begs. She keeps her eyes on me as I set the cup down on the ground. I shake my head, making eye contact with Emma once again.

"I never allowed you to talk," I say. She looks down and back up sadly. I smirk at the mind games I was beginning to create. She really thinks I would've given her anything decent to eat?

I sigh and face her, walking closer. She ducks her head and pushes her body against the wall and flinches the closer I got.

"You haven't shown me that you could stay quiet. I could have gotten busted, and sent to prison," I say. She keeps her eyes down.

"I have to leave for just an hour. I don't trust you," I say, standing just 3 feet from her. She keeps her head down, occasionally nodding.

I bend down and grab her throat, throwing her head against the wall. She gasps. "If you make another fucking sound, I will slaughter your mother and feed her to you raw right after you watch. Do you fucking understand?" I ask huskily and angrily through teeth.

She nods and gulps. I get up quickly and grab my roll of duct tape. I smack a piece on her face again. I really couldn't be too careful with this girl.

"I'll be back," I mumble before getting up and leaving. I lock it once again and shake it just in case. I turn to walk upstairs before leaving the front door. I lock it and hop down my steps to my car. I get in and drive to the store. I was running low on pancake batter, and I couldn't let Emma starve. That's just inhumane.

I park at Walmart near the front. As soon as I open the door, I hear so much crowd holler and noise. I tilt my head and walk to the front of the store.

My eyes widen at the sight.

A huge banister of Emma's face was being hung on the wall. It said "Emma Wilson... we need her back... we want her home... someone is going to pay". I gulp and continue my walk to the doors.

I didn't get far though. "Hey. We need your help to find Emma Wilson." A woman, who looked to have put these people here was smiling at me. She had about 4 other people with her. I was dragged into this parade of people just standing around, waiting for the girl to come home.

"Take this," she says, handing me yet another paper about the girl. I tried reading it over the crowds chanting. I look up at them. Nothing was going to happen if all anyone did was stand around. I shake my head.

"Is Emma Wilson the missing girl?" I ask, trying to avoid suspicion. The lady nods. "Horrible story. Apparently her mom came back home from work and she was gone. She called everyone to be sure it wasn't the worst case scenario. But it was," she says sadly. We had moved a little from the crowd so I could ask more questions about the search and such.

"Does anyone have even a clue on who kidnapped her?" I ask, giving her a look of confusion. This time I was actually wondering. I didn't really keep up with the search. I was too busy beating the one who was "missing".

"Nothing. The police department is almost constantly working on the case," she says, frowning. "It's pathetic in my opinion. They don't have one suspect. What do you think about it?" She asks. I shrug. "I hope Emma comes home safe," I say with a smile.

I politely walk away. I was overjoyed. I had actually done it. I was nowhere near being guilty. It felt so good to be relieved of the stress. I take a deep breath and walk into the store, a huge smile on my face.

I will get her. I was going to give this another shot. I had the exact same clothes on. Black jeans, black sweater, black mask. I even brought the pistol once again.

I had planned it better. Now, it was another hour later. I knew they were asleep by now. I had watched them for a few nights. Nothing could fuck this up.

I slowly crawl past their front yard, reaching for the back door once again. I still remembered that awful night. The failed attempt. Nothing is holding me back this time.

I slowly twist the back door. Honestly, I was shocked that it wasn't locked after my last attempt into the house. I even brought things to lock pick it.

I slowly step in, shutting the door. It was pitch black and dead silent. Perfect for stealing her friend.

I turn my attention to Jacey's bedroom door. I had brought a pocketknife large enough to lay against her neck. I pull it out, slowly twisting the doorknob open with my other free hand. 

My heart races as I step into her room. I crouch, almost immediately catching her position. She was, of course, asleep. I slowly make my way to her bed, being sure not to be too cocky.

I take a deep breath before laying the blade flat against her neck and covering her mouth. Her eyes flutter open, widening once they find mine.

"Don't make a sound or I'll kill you," I say threateningly and quiet. Still trying to figure out what was happening, her eyes keep fluttering. I pull her up. She stands up with me.

I hold her head against my chest, the blade resting on her neck. My hand tightly holds onto her mouth. She begins to shakily breathe. I hear her whimpering.

As I make my way outside, I smile to myself. I took both of them. Maybe I'll be just as lucky with Jacey as I was with the other girl.

"I have a surprise," I say happily. The girl was almost asleep, but she wasn't about to be. I had already put duct tape on Jacey's mouth and wrapped her wrists tightly with zip ties. She was really shocked, but I could tell she was panicking on the inside.

I pull Jacey out from behind the door.

Emma freezes. She begins breathing quickly and heavily. "Jacey," she says weakly.

Suddenly the new girl collapsed under her feet. Her eyes were closed. At least I didn't have to do much work. Everything I wanted to accomplish was already done.

"Are you happy?" I ask, dragging the new girl by her legs. I crouch and pull the rope I used to hang Emma out, wrapping it around Jacey's ankles.

Emma nods with gulp. I get up and throw her against the wall. I give the girl a nice kick before leaving her to sleep for the night.