Trouble on Naboo

The next morning, Melanie woke with hair in her mouth and the sun shining on her face. She pulled herself out of bed and wrapped a blanket around her shoulders as she went down the stairs towards the kitchen. She grabbed a bowl of fresh fruit and her datapad before making her way to her dining table. She checked the weather report and the news before seeing if she had had any messages.

To her surprise, there was a very urgent looking email from Padme that had come in at around 2 am.

Good morning, Mel's. Droids have been spotted on Naboo and the Queen is nervous that another invasion is going to happen. I know you just made it back but we should really check it out. I'll meet you in the lobby at 8 am. If you aren't there, I'll come back up to wake you.

Melanie checked the time to see it was 7:30, and with the sick feeling of being late she sprinted up to her bathroom. She pulled her hair into a 5 stranded braid and brushed her teeth before running into her wardrobe. She tore off her sleepwear and found the most suitable clothing for their investigation. She landed on a pair of comfortable lilac leggings, a grey t-shirt, and some running shoes before sprinting towards the elevator. Melanie grabbed a few more pieces of fruit to eat in the elevator.

She fully understood the urgency to go to Naboo. However, she couldn't help but feel like it would have been nice to have at least one day without jetting off to the other side of the universe.

By the time she made it to the lobby, 5 minutes earlier than she was supposed to be there, Jar Jar, C3PO, and Padme were all waiting for her. Padme gave her a sheepish sorry, which Melanie shrugged off, before jumping into a transport that took them to their starship.

Melanie took the captains seat and Padme took the copilots seat. They both agreed Jar Jar was no allowed near the controls.

"So what actually happened?" Melanie asked finally, as they were leaving the atmosphere.

"A group of scouts spotted a few droids on speeders yesterday afternoon, so the middle of the night for us. They shot them down and managed to get a hold of a tactical droid. They're waiting for us to arrive to see what is going on in its head." Padme informed. Melanie nodded as she finished the hyperspace calculations and they speed off towards Naboo. The friendly Padme of last night was gone. She was immensely worried for her home planet. Padme had ruled during the first invasion of the droids and felt this news of a new probable invasion personally.

They arrived in record time and landed in the main hanger in Theed. They were greeted by Captain Typho and Queen Neeyutnee.

"We came as soon as we could, my Lady. Have you found any more droids?" Said Padme as she ran towards the two.

"Only the three, but you can be sure they aren't tourists. I need you to convince the Senate or the Jedi council or whoever is in charge of this terrible war that we are threatened." The Queen spoke angrily. Melanie wasn't too fond of this queen, she was very bossy and always had to disagree with what Melanie had to say. However, if the rumours were true, she was for once speaking some sense.

"They'll need more proof... Finding a couple of battle droids will not be enough." Melanie huffed. Padme glared at her tone but agreed.

Captain Typhos com-link beeped "Captain Typho, the battle droid is ready for analysis."

The group of 6 made their way to a tech room, Melanie walking at the back beside C3PO.

"I do hope we don't encounter any violence, it's quite against my protocol," C3PO said in his usual tone.

"I agree with you on that one, my good friend." Agreed Melanie before entering the analysis room.

"Have you been able to retrieve any information?" Padme asked as they crowded around the table that the droid lay on.