A serious plot

Melanie found herself fidgeting in her seat as she waited for the Jedi to arrive. Captain Typho had received a message from Padme telling him that she had found the lab. He was now geo scanning the location to see what she had found. Melanie didn't really have much to do except work on some paperwork.

However, her mind was preoccupied with the two men that would soon be arriving. Melanie had not seen Anakin since the battle of Geonosis, despite the fact that her best friend was married to him, and she hadn't Obiwan since that night she cut his hair. So she hadn't seen them in nearly three months. She fiddled with her sleeves as she thought about Obiwan. His luscious hair, sparkling eyes, and undeniable charm... She despised the fact that she couldn't get over her feelings but she despised the fact that they could never be together even more.

"Advisor Altine, the Jedi are about to arrive," A messenger told the nervous woman. She nodded and made her way to the hanger just in time to meet up with the Queen, Captain Typho, C3PO, and a Gungan. Melanie stood at the back of the group and watched as a gunship came into land. She hoped the few people there would mask her, giving her time to pull herself together.

Inside the ship, Obiwan ran a hand through his hair and then patted his clothing to look presentable.

"Feeling a bit nervous are you?" Anakin asked, taking note of his former teachers attitude. He grinned and elbowed him in the ribs. "Perhaps you're excited to see someone?"

"Of course I'm excited to see Padme and Melanie, they're my friends." Obi-Wan knew exactly what Anakin was talking about but he chose to ignore it. Anakin and his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, met each other's eyes behind his back and cracked a grin.

The door of the ship cracked open and Captain Typho ran towards the three.

"General Kenobi, Anakin, we're so glad-"

"Wheres Senator Amidala?" interrupted Anakin, looking around the group, expecting to see his secret wife.

"Now who's the one to be excited to see someone." Ashoka quipped under her breath, earning a grin from Obiwan.

"She went to look for the lab."

"And you let her go?!" Anakin fumed.

"Senator Padme can be very hard to stop once she has made up her mind." C3PO stood in.

"Good point. I know what you mean."

"This is Peppi Bow. She was the last person to see them. Padme sent her here to safety." Began Captain Typho again.

"Theysa looking for the sick-maker," Peppi said in her high voice.

"They?" Obi-Wan asked, all of a sudden worried if Melanie had gone.

"Representative Binks was with her." Melanie finally came out from behind the crowd. Her heart was beating wildly but she knew she had to make an appearance at some point. She grinned towards her friends, which they returned, and noticed a young girl next to them. Melanie turned to face Anakin "Good to see you again. I see you've been promoted?"

"Melanie! It's good to see you too! And yes, The council decided to grant me the rank of Jedi Knight. They needed more generals." Anakin said as he pulled her into a hug.

"What a terrible decision," Melanie joked, earning an elbow in the stomach from her friend.

"This is my Padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka, this is Senator Padme's most trusted advisor, Melanie."

"It's nice to meet you, Ahsoka. You poor thing having to be paired with this nerf herder..." Melanie smiled at the pretty young Togruta girl. She instantly felt the need to befriend this girl and look after her like a sister. Not that she probably needed protecting. Ahsoka smiled back.