Morals

The group was very quiet after the pirates left. They moved back inside to the table. However this time, the Jedi knew they had to play a part in this battle. Anakin and Obi-Wan quickly set out a plan with the help of the bounty hunters. Melanie, who had never planned a battle in her life, leaned against the wall and took in what they had to say.

"Said the Peacekeeper who fails to keep the peace." The female bounty hunter jabbed at Obiwan when he talks about how the bounty hunters were in over their heads.

"The rift in the galaxy is not our fault. If more worlds would stand up for themselves against the separatists, this war would have been over long ago."

"That's it!" Melanie realised. "We'll just train the villages to defend themselves."

Anakin and Obi-Wan turned around, both looking rather proud. Obi-Wan had to put a hand over his mouth to cover his smile. What an ingenious idea, although he doubted that the villagers had the initiative and courage. This was confirmed seconds later.

"But we are just simple farmers!" One of them argued. "Why are we paying bounty hunters to protect us if we're just going to do it ourselves?"

"Hush Dilani." Cassis scolded.

"Trust me, Anakin and I will have you ready in no time," Melanie reassured the nervous villagers.

"Well, in that case, we better find you a place to sleep for the night." Cassis showed the group of four down the steps once again and towards yet another pod house. This house looked moderately unused as a thin layer of dust coated many of the surfaces. However, there was a bowl of what looked like fruit on the table, making everyone's stomachs growl. "This is one of our houses that we no longer use. The bedrooms are down the hatch. My villagers and I are so thankful for what you're doing."

Melanie thanked him and made a dive for the fruit bowl, grabbing the only Meiloorun in the basket. Anakin whined but grabbed another type of fruit. After they had all eaten they made their way down the hatch and towards the rooms. There were two rooms with two single beds and one room with a double. While Melanie thought it would be best if Ahsoka and she shared the double, Anakin had other plans. Anakin said that he and Ahsoka would get the singles as they are the youngest. After a lot of grumbling and glaring, Melanie followed the oldest Jedi into their room.

Melanie removed her boots and detached her staff and slipped under the covers, facing away from Obiwan who was also removing his shoes and belt. She didn't allow herself the luxury of looking at him. However, her face began to heat up at the thought of the man she had been crushing on for over half a year sleeping next to her. It looks like the few months apart had done nothing to deter her infatuation.

"It's been quite an interesting day hasn't it," Obiwan observed as he also got into bed. He felt like the silence was pressing in, an undeniable tension hung in the air. He lay flat on his back and looked at the back of Melanie's head. Her spine curved elegantly under the blanket.

"Hmm..." She hummed sleepily. Melanie struggled to surprise the shiver that rolled up her spine as she curled up to get warm. The blankets were quite thick, but they couldn't fully stop the chill of the night from seeping in. It was surprising how cold the planet got it got due to its summery warmth during the day. "At least this time there is no mad doctor trying to poison us."

"Indeed." Obiwan reflected back to that day at Dr Vindis lab. He remembered how helpless he had felt knowing that she was dying and he could barely help. He remembered seeing her normally tanned skin being the shade of the sky, her veins filled with blood turned blue from the virus. Even now the thought gripped his heart.

The two slipped into an easy silence, content with the presence of each other. 

"How do you think tomorrow is going to go?" Melanie rolled over to face him. She was caught off guard by how close they were. After all, the bed was only made for individuals 3/4 the size of them.