Everything Has Changed

Lilith

I sat in the car humming to music while driving down the winding roads. The sun was shining and it was so hot I had to put on the cooler. I love long drives, I bet if mom was here she would love it too.I felt a frown on my face, I really wish she was here.

I glanced over to my bother who slept peacefully in the passenger seat. His red curls covering his eyes.

He needs a haircut.

I smiled at the thought of him fussing about me  cutting his hair.

"Take care of your brother and hide Lily," my mother said sternly.

That was the last thing my mother told me 3 years ago.   We have been running away for a long time ,but I always feel like they are  right on my tail. I never knew who they were exactly,I just  felt fear at the thought of them.

A loud ear piercing sound snapped me out of my thoughts. I visibly winced at the pain I felt in my head while looking for the source of the sound.

The weather had suddenly changed, the once blue skies turned a sickly grey and huge clouds polluting them.

"Shit," I muttered quickly pulling the car aside and looking at my baby brother.

His once peaceful face turned into a frown. I really wish he had a better handle on his powers.

"Storm, get up" I nudged  him gently as  rain started to pour down like a hurricane. Hell as this rate there will be a hurricane.

"Storm," I shook more sternly while looking at the quickly worsening weather.

The trees were dancing now, lightening flashing dangerously , mere seconds between intervals.

"Lily pad ?" He mumbled while opening his eyes.

The weather left as quickly as it came and the sun was out again with it's heat which made me instantly miss the cool rain.

"Oh," he said nervously. "Nightmare" was all he said before he engulfed me in a hug.

" I dreamt about him.... before he-"

"It's fine Storm, I am here and I won't let anyone take you from me again," I pulled back looking him in his face and reassured him.

" I know." He smiled at me. " Are we there yet ?" He asked while looking around.

"Almost, but I suggest you stay up, we don't need anymore sudden weather changes," I smiled while starting the car and continuing our journey.

As we pulled up to the driveway of a small house I sighed in relief. It took us 3 days to get here and I am just happy we made it without any incidents.

"It's kind of small," he stated.

I glared at him. " Well I am running out of money and why buy a big house when it is just the two of us ?"

"Hey, I'm just saying," he said defensively. " So how long do you think we have here ? I give it 3 months."

"I don't know, I don't even know how I found this place, but when I did my first thought is that we would be safe," I said still a bit confused by my own words.