Hell Fire

Niklaus

"You should of seen him Nick, he was the beautiful thing I have ever seen," Winter gushed about this mate for the hundredth time since he saw him yesterday.

"I'm happy you found you mate but we cannot deny the fact that something is off about those two," my father Cole, the former alpha said to everyone in the room.

My mother Nikki, former luna sat beside him holding his hand firmly. Alaric former beta and Thomas the former delta both sat on one side of the table with their children who held the current status on the opposite side.

"Agreed, their scent seems off," Alaric added gaining a sour look from his son Winter. " We don't get new comers in this town often and just before they arrived a sudden freak storm, then a tremor as we walked to greet them."

"Well if that isn't a bad omen, I don't what is," mom said worriedly.

"We haven't had anything thing major since the rogue attack a few years ago and the death of the former beta and a his family before that."Thomas stated and his daughter Miley looked confused along with the rest of us.

"Of course, you kids were too young to remember," father said with a frown. "Jacob, his wife Freya and their two children. When we got there the house was burnt down with two bodies inside, we never found the bodies of the children though."

"They weren't even really members of the pack since their kids," Thomas said bluntly. " Freya had trouble conceiving and the pack doctor at the time, my father. Well he did everything but nothing helped and he told her she may never have pups. They asked to leave to find something to help and when they came back she was pregnant."

"Yeah, but we barely ever saw their children. They moved from the pack house into that little spot away from everyone. Jacob brought the kids over every month for at least on hour claiming the pups were weak and frail and Freya had to take care of them constantly so he usually came to the pack every day alone." Father added staring blankly at the table.

"People were talking about the beta and how he kept his family away from the pack. The day we decide to go check on him at his house, when we got there it was up in flames." Mother said sadly. " Poor Freya, to be there watching your family burn to death."

"Jacob and Freya were amazing wolves and loved their pack. It was a great loss when they died. The spot where their house was, was never built over in respect."

"Wait," I said as a memory popped into my head, a memory I wondered how I could even forget. " I remember their children, Winter do you remember us exploring the forest and ended up at their house.Well of course at the time we didn't know whose house it was"

He looked confused for a bit then his eyes widened and he nodded. " Hell fire." Was all he said and I smiled.

" We went to their house and a girl was in the backyard playing." I smiled at the memory of the little girl, remembering the feature about her that was edged into my memory.

"Well that must of been her daughter, Lily," my mother added.

"I remember her, she was dancing in the flowers, spinning around and laughing. I remember how beautiful it was," they all looked at me. " Her hair I mean, it was a bright red, bright as hell fire."

"You were probably seeing things, their children had black hair," mother said but I shook my head, I would never forget it.

"No, because then a little boy came out calling to her who also had red hair and then they both ran inside." Winter added to back up my story.

"But then-"

"That's enough for the day I think," father said interrupting my mother's statement and we all agreed and every left besides Winter.

"I never thought, I would have a male mate. But after I saw him I couldn't picture it any other way," Winter grinned and I smiled at my best friend's happiness. "But that sister is a so annoying."

I laughed at his face which was now a frown."It's fine, you will have your mate. You my friend, are amazing."

"Gee, sure know how to make a gal blush," he teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I am going to pick up Audrey tomorrow so I will see you at school," he made a disapproving face which I ignored and went to my room to get some rest.

No one approved my relationship with Audrey. She was a rogue wolf whose pack got killed out and came to us a year ago and we let her stay.

She doesn't live in the pack house though and most people can't stand her attitude but she just uses it to mask her pain of losing everything she had.

"I missed you so much," Audrey said pulling me into an empty classroom. We had arrived at school and she jumped at the chance of alone time when she saw an empty classroom. Well I guess my day will be spent in there with her.

We spent most of day kissing and her just talking a bit about what was on her mind.

"I mean I know we aren't mates but we are both 18 and we haven't found our mates yet so. I was thinking we could take things to the next level." She blushed at her own words. It was already last period, time flies when you're having fun.

"I just care for you so much,"She smiled and I pulled her into a kiss. I never knew what having a mate felt like but I am sure this was it. Audrey was amazing no matter what anyone said.

The door bursted open making us jump and we both looked to see who it was. Nothing could of prepared me for that happened next.

My heart rate quickened at I looked at the girl before me. She was rather tiny with brown hair and her beautiful face filled with worry.

I lost control of myself and pushed Audrey aside. My body being pulled to her like a magnet, all I wanted to was touch her, love her, take away her worries. I wanted everything she had to offer and I would give her everything.

"Mate," I growled as I walked closer to her.

"Crikey! G'day mate, sorry about that," she said in an odd accent and slammed the door leaving me dumbfounded inside with Audrey.

"What a horrible turn of events," Audrey said now standing next to me, her voice pulling me out my thoughts. "I guess that means no more us."I looked at her sad face and it made my heart hurt.

" I mean, just because she is your mate doesn't say anything. She smells human, humans are weak mates.  She must be those new people in town." She hissed and I retrain the sudden urge to growl at her for speaking ill of my mate.

So this was the pull of a mate. It made my feelings for Audrey pale in comparison, however it didn't make it go away so I did the only thing I knew to comfort my girlfriend. I nodded  at her statement and smiled.

I couldn't bare to add to the list of things she lost.

"What was that?" Audrey asked frightened at the loud crashing noise that filled the room. She got up and walked to window. " Where did this storm come form?".

"I have no idea, but I'll be right back," I said rushing through the halls.

Where does a freak storm like this come from ? It's like we were being attacked by witches.

:::::::

Hey hey hey! How do like this chapter ? I hope you comment, vote and keep reading. I will try to finish up a next chapter for you today.