Cracked Pendant

Lilith

I jumped out of sleep with my fear laced body. I couldn't remember what I had dreamt that scared me so much. I couldn't remember an once of what I dreamt and it filled me with worry because I felt like it was important that I remembered.

I looked over to my still sleeping brother and smiled.

I'll let you miss training today.

As I got off the bed my body felt extremely weak which made me rest against the wall for support.

Ignoring my bodily malfunctions, I pushed through and went into the training room and got in 3 hours of training before school.

I felt worse than before but I didn't have to time to study about myself. I had to go wake Storm up and get ready for school.

"Storm," I called as I entered the room. He was covered up in my blankets with only one leg out.

'It's the perfect way not to be too hot or too cold at night' he'd say.

"Time for school," I pulled the blanket off his body. "What the hell?" I exclaimed watching my brother drenched in sweat and shivering.

"Lily pad ?" He questioned in a weak voice. I went up to him and touched his forehead.

"You're burning up," I stated.

I need to get some medicine. But what do you even get a for things like us ? We haven't been sick a day in our lives. Well nothing I could remember at least.

"I'm fine," he smiled as he sat up on the bed. "See nothing can hold this tiger down." He gave me a thumbs up as though it fixed everything.

"I am not even listening to you. You aren't going to school today. Who knows how this will affect your powers."

"B-But-"

"I'm sorry, you must have thought my command was anything but," I glared and he sighed in defeat. "You need to take a cold shower to help bring your fever down and I will go get some-some. Urgh! I will get something in town"

I noticed as he walked, he didn't seem to be feeling weak or anything his temperature was just high. I didn't bother to change out of training clothes.I quickly put on the wig and hurried to to store to get something to help him while ignoring how increasingly weak I felt by the minute .

"Hello, I need whatever you have for fever," the lady at the counter of the store smiled and walked to the back. "Oh and fatigue!" I added rather loudly earning a few glared from other people in the store.

I watched at the drugs on the counter top started to spin. My body felt even weaker if possible, I was suddenly extremely light and my body was falling back. I had no control over my own body as I tried to grasp at the counter but couldn't reach.

"Miss!" A voice shouted and few a seconds I gained control and gripped on to counter straightening myself. "Are you okay ?" The lady asked with a bag of what I assumed was my things in hand.

"Perfect, I can I please have 10 of your strongest energy drinks and a thermometer ," I watched as she got them for me with a worried face. She came back my other items she and then she told me how to take the medicine.

"This is your total, but you aren't suppose to drink all of those in-"

"I know, thank you very much," I paid her and drank two energy drinks before moving from the counter in fear of falling again.

The energy drinks seem to take effect right away and I rushed to car to drive back while I could move around.

"Here, take two and some water," I handed my freshly showered brother who sat on my bed with his phone. " I am going to take your temperature in a bit again."