The Flow of Things

Lilith

"How may I help you?" I asked trying not to glare.

"Like I said before, my name is Cole and this is Alaric, we are both member of the town council, we don't get new folks often, so we came to welcome you," he smiled.

He and the other man he pointed to looked around the same age but the one in the back who is still glaring at me looked around our age.

"Got a problem?" I asked bluntly at Mr.Glare.

"Uh... excuse my son, he is usually more friendly," Alaric said  as he glared at his son who quickly changed his facial expression to a smile. A fake one might I add.

"Winter," he said but his eyes now focused behind me and he suddenly smiled. I sighed feeling the presence of my brother behind me. Matter of fact he was breathing heavily down my neck.

Why is he smiling at my baby brother ?

Feeling irritated by this I wanted them gone more than ever, "Thank you for the welcome it was much appreciated," I smiled.

They all smiled and nodded.

"Good bye th-"

"Yes see you school," Summer interjected.

"School?" I frowned. We didn't go to school, we were home school by mom then I took over. School was too much for me to handle, I wouldn't be able to keep a close eye on Storm.

"Yes, our school is great, do you not go to school? Do your parents home school you?" Cole asked raising an eyebrow.

Great, people sticking their nose in our business. I have to go to school now to avoid more questions. I don't want too much attention drown to us.

"No no, we will be at school, but it will take a while, we never signed up before hand or anything and still so much to sort it," I said cooly  watching as all three looked even more interested in our lives.

"No problem, I am good friends with the principal just show up on Monday and we will sort you all out," he said. "I would love to talk your parents and greet them wh- "

"They are on a business trip," I said coldly.

Cole you are starting to get on my nerves. If I had enough money I would already be packing again.

"We move around a lot, so we won't be here long, no need to pay attention to us," I really hoped this would get him to mind his own business.

Winter growled again making me wonder if he was some kind of animal.

"Is he a dog or something ?" Storm whispered in my ear and I quickly fold my lips to restrain the laughter building up inside me.

A burst of laughter from Cole and Glenn took us both by surprise. I guess Storm wasn't as soft as he thought.

"Or something," Winter muttered and looked away.

"Right," I raised my eyebrow at the trio. " See you on Monday and it was nice meeting you all, goodbye," I said rather quickly before they could object and closed the door.

Great now I have to go to school, I also have to look for a job to gather money quickly to leave here. These people are in our business too much.

Why did I think this place was safe ?

"Where did that random tremor come from before?" Cole asked as they walked away from the house.

"Shit," I cursed realizing my powers are getting harder to control. Going to school and dealing with teen drama will only make things worse.