Chapter 9: Summer Is Here Baby!

I woke up to the soud of my alarm. I rubbed my eyes open and glanced at my phone. "Summer Break Baby!!" said the label. Finally, no school, no homework and definitely no Stephanie. I got up and rushed to the downstairs. Marcelo was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Morning my little rose." he said whilist flipping the eggs. "Morning honey" I said kissing him on the cheek. A soft blush washed over him. I sat down and poured myself a cup of coffee. "Breakfast is served" Marcelk said putting the plate infront of me. It looked so delicious. The toast had " I ❤️ U" writen on it in ketchup and the eggs were heart shaped. We chowed down on the food like never befoure. The yolk was salty and runny and the salad was cold and creemy.

"So, what do you wanna do for summer break?" asked Marcelo. "I don't know really, we have done so much that we run out of options." I said twirling my fork. A sudden idea beamed in his eyes. "My uncle owns a bar near the beach. We could maybe thorw a party or something?" I thought about it for a seacond and agreed.

Marcelo took out his phone and called his uncle. "Hello uncle Alejandro, its me Marcelo." A moment of silence passed when someone shouted "Oooh Marcelo how are you?" " I am fine uncle, so me and my girlfriend thought if we could throw a party at your bar this Sunday since it is the summer break. Is that ok with you?" Alejandro paused and said "Why not, enjoy yourselves." Yes, this ks going to be the best summer ever.

We invited everyone besides Stephanie. Marcelo rented a yacht and a spot at the beach where we would not be disrupted. He posted on Imstagram and Sapchat about the party. I got my car keys and we drove off to Forever 21 to get our outfits. Marcelo got a striped shirt and cream shorts whilist I got a white croptop with a pair of denim shorts and a straw hat. We drove to the yacht rental spot and got to the harbour. I can not belive we are going to ride in a $700k yacht. It was massive. The deck was huge and the inside was luxurious. Perfect for Instagram pictures.

"Hello uncle Alejandro." Marcelo waved across the harbour. Alejandro waved back. "Well wanna go and grab a quick drink befoure we test out the yacht?" I nodded and we went to the bar. "What can I get you two little love doves?" "Two vodka martinis. Extra ice for me."  "Cheers!" I said whilist giving a toast to Marcelo. It was so good. I never knew his uncle was a talented bartender.

We got to the yacht and stated it up. Marcelo sailed for a bit befoure docking  it back to its original place. It was already latw in the afternoon. Some of the people arived already.

"O M G, Anna where did you get that outfit?!" squealed Mia. "Its so cute!" I chuckled it off as more guests arived. In no time the beach became filled with people. Alejandro began to blast music on the surround system. He was a DJ as well? The more you know I guess. The party lasted for a few hours befour Marcelo invited everyone to the yacht. He started the yacht and put it into autopilot. He got onto the upper deck with a bottle of champagne. "ITS SUMMER TIME BABY!!!" Marcelo shouted popping the cork. The crowd went into an uproar as we all began dancing. Marcelo put on my favourite song. We began to slow-dance. He was so romantic. It felt like as if I was watching a classic Disney movie. We took pictures and had a few more drinks.

Marcelo sailed back to the shore and resumed the party on land. But there was something off about it. He was acting kind of strange. Strange in a way where it made it look like he shit  his pants out of fear way.  I brushed it off but still kept a close eye on him. We continued dancing befoure someone tapped my shouled. It was Marcelo. "Anna..." he said sounding worried. I knew something bad is about to happen. Marcelo knelt on one knee befoure. The crowd slowly began to go silent. They all faced us with excitement. "Anna Nisar... on this magical night, with these wonderfull people you are the one who stands out the most. Even though we have known each other for a year it felt like whe were together since birth.." he said pulling out a red box from his pocket. Mia gasped. "... Anna... will you marry me?" I could not belive my eyes. Marcelo DeLaughrey proposed to me. Even though we knew each other for a year it feelt like forever. "YES YES YEESSS!!!!" I screamed. He put the ring on my hand and kissed me on the lips. The crowd began to scream and cheer us on. Alejandro resumed the music and the party went on untill we were drunk to the point we could not even remember our names.

That night Marcelo drove me back home in his Tesla. We went to my room and made out for hours. We posted the pictures of our engagement. I wish you could see Stephanies reaction. She was furious. But serves her right. Looks like dreams do come true.

We spent the noght talking about our plans for the future and how they might turn out.