Charms 1

Hogwarts AU
Goblet of Fire

×-×-×-×

A certain blonde haired girl with a red and golden striped tie, cautiously snuck at the dimly lit corridor— her footsteps were light, tapping along the red carpeted floor with soft thuds. The hall was empty, as it should be at this dead of night. Behind her, her dark shadow was following her every move— some prying eyes of the alive paintings in the hall was peering curiously at her form.

The blonde's hand was tightly gripping her wand that was perched into her dark robe's pocket. An 11 inch Yule wood wand, with a phoenix core that she got when she was 11 years old from Ollivander's. The wand had ever been so loyal to her, more so that she'd boast that it was far more loyal than a Unicorn's core. Now that she's on her fourth year in the school, the wand had unfortunately been her best mate from all the antics she had been apart of.

One of which antics was in the present.

Lisa Manoban was what you'd call the troublemaker type. Add to the equation that she came from the house of the brave and bold, the Gryffindors – well that was just spelling out 'a disaster'. Although born as a muggle who had no prior knowledge of the wizarding world, she was what you'd label as an adept and versatile witch. She'd grab the title of 'The brightest witch of her age', but alas— her best friend, Hermione Granger already owned up to that title.

It was already very late at night, professors and prefects should be roaming around the halls to check any students who are still awake and loitering on the corridors.

Hopefully, I wouldn't encounter Professor Snape. Lisa thought to herself, letting a shiver wrack up her body from the thought of that bitter man.

Lisa stops on her tracks when she suddenly heard footsteps at the other end of the hall. Feeling her adrenaline kick in, the Gryffindor all but dived on the wall and squeezed herself near the lifeless armor and statue— praying to Merlin that it wasn't Professor Snape or Filch.

Harry's invisibility cloak would have been helpful right now, bloody hell why did I let myself be talked out by Fred and George? Lisa mentally groaned as her hazel brown eyes frantically looked around the place, her hands were gripping her wands as if it would save her from the on-coming doom.

The footsteps were now coming closer towards her spot, Lisa tensed as she bit her lips anxiously. Though a couple of seconds later, the footsteps stopped and Lisa waited on her spot with bated breath. It was a moment later that she exhales a sigh of relief once she no longer heard or felt the person's presence.

Lisa poked her head out from her hiding spot to survey the area, but her relief was short lived when she heard someone speak up behind her with an annoyed and haughty tone.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing there Manoban?"

Lisa swiftly turned around from surprise, she resisted the urge to groan out loud— both from relief and exasperation once she caught sight of the person who sneaked up on her.

"Jisoo..." Lisa warily looks at the Slytherin prefect.

Jisoo's arms crossed over her chest and the black robe with inner green lining wrinkled from the action.

"Why are you still up in this hour?" Jisoo cocks her brow up in question, "What are you up to now?" her voice dripped with suspicion as she glared at the student of her rivaling house.

"What? I'm just about to go back to the dorm." Lisa innocently states with eyes wide open, looking like an overgrown puppy trying to get Jisoo's compassion.

Unfortunately, Jisoo barely bats an eyelash from Lisa's puppy eyes as she scoffs out, "Uh–huh, the dorm is on the other side— and you were clearly trying to hide from something."