Love Arrows

Jennie once thought that she was an illegitimate child of Cupid— you know, that baby with angel wings that shoots arrows on humans for them to fall in love? Yeah, Jennie once thought that baby was her dad.... Well kind of... It does sound kind of weird and stupid right now when you read it out loud but hear her out...

Everything began when Jennie was merely just a small babe, the little girl didn't really pay much attention to her surroundings during those times— but when she did, it was quite a surprise for the little mandu.

It started off on her parents.

Jennie started to notice a weird red arrow circling around both her mother and father – the most peculiar thing is that the tip of the arrow resembled a heart. Not a real heart we see inside our rib cage, but a heart shape.

The feline eyed girl was very confused at what she saw, her father's arrow was bright red while her mother's were light pink. Moreover, their arrows were pointing at each other. It truly was a mind boggling sight for the young Jennie— the little girl pointed it out to both her parents, but her mother and father merely looked at the little mandu like she grew three heads.

So it was then that Jennie learnt that she had an ability.... The ability for her to see who a person is in love with.

It was quite simple, a person who's in love will have an arrow bursting right out of them and it will point to the one they're in love with.

To be frank, Jennie kind of thought this annoying at first. Especially if she leaves their house and sees so many arrows pointing at different directions. It felt suffocating seeing so many red lines stabbing at so many places.

Jennie never shared her ability to see those arrows to anyone else, unless of course she wants to brought into a mental asylum— no sir, Jennie was too pretty to be called crazy.

Which is why, the feline eyed girl kept her mouth shut— Jennie merely acted as an observer. It was kind of fun in her part when she'd see new love bloom from a person, but at the same time– it also had some set backs.

Like for instance, when Jennie would bump upon two married couples whose arrows are not directed to each other but is actually directed to another direction. Or a case of unrequited love, where one arrow points to one person but their subject of affection points to another person.

But Jennie also learnt that Love was not permanent— where even though the two person's arrows were pointed at each other, there was a possibility that the arrows would waver and no longer point in the end.

It honestly was kind of sad when Jennie would see these, but there was nothing she could do– the feline eyed girl promised herself to never interfere in the matters of the heart.

Well there are moments that Jennie does want to help, but love was far too dangerous to meddle with – one wrong move and it may end tragically.

Jennie already learnt her lesson when she meddled once, she does not want to make the same mistake twice.

Though there is one notable thing, Jennie could never see her own arrow – but it may be because the girls hasn't found anyone who catches her interest yet...

Now you know why Jennie thinks she's a daughter of Cupid, I mean— who else has this type of ability other than that flying baby?

Anyway, there's no point of mulling over it now. Jennie has this weird psychic ability and even though it may look quite annoying in her eyes, it provided her an adequate entertainment.

×-×-×-×

Jennie swore to herself that she'd never fall in love with another person. Love was just far too inconvenient to the girl and she'd rather focus on her studies along with social life instead. Ah, but that does not mean Jennie won't get admirers as she grew up.