Mint

An alternate one-shot of one of my books, Dis.

Jenlisa's Hades x Persephone AU

×-×-×-×

Hades— no, Jennie... was a loving wife.

Jennie was a compassionate wife.

Jennie was a kind wife.

Jennie was a faithful wife.

At least, that's what everybody says. But Lisa can't rebuke their claims for it all was true. To be honest, the goddess of spring can't ask for a more better spouse and lover— out of the three strongest gods in Olympus, Lisa got the best out of the siblings.

Jennie was a very loving wife. When they first got together, before they even got married— the goddess of the Underworld has done nothing but give and give and shower Lisa with undying attention. Everytime Jennie's dark irises would trail at Lisa's form, heavens, the blonde couldn't describe the love and adoration Jennie held on her scorching gaze.

Maybe this prompted the domino effect of Lisa falling madly in love in return, but how can she not fall for someone as good and as amazing as Jennie? Their love was like fire, always burning always bright— never losing it's passion even at the darkest of night. Jennie, no matter how dark people make her seem, will always be the sun blazing up the heavens— bringing light and nurture on the blooming flowers of the earth, and Lisa, she cannot help but bask and crave it's glory. Jennie was her sun, and Lisa was Icarus.

Jennie was a compassionate wife. It frustrates Lisa to no end when people or mortals always label her wife as evil. Jennie is, and will never be evil. Evil are those who roams in Tartarus, and Jennie is the protector that prevents these evil souls from escaping Tartarus. Moreso, Jennie was just and understanding to those in her realm. Never once had Jennie been a tyrant, their king was loved and adored by those in the underworld— the goddess of the dead was their salvation, their hope in the after life.

The goddess had always been just on her judgements, whether the souls deserved to be in Asphodel, Elysium, or Tartarus. Most times Jennie would even listen to the sound judgements and have pity over the souls, never was Jennie greedy nor callous and boastful— for even if she was already surrounded by riches— those were riches upon which she wished to share with someone along with her throne.

Jennie was a kind wife. Always will be kind. If there was something Lisa wished, Jennie would give everything. If there was something Lisa disliked, Jennie would remove it from existence immediately. But the goddess of spring never really cared for this— yes, she was grateful of Jennie's constant pampering, but never really have those actions been of much importance— for she loved it more when Jennie would do these sweet gestures like squeezing her hand in comfort or kissing her golden locks like it was treasure.

Yet, the most kindest gesture Jennie has done was giving Lisa the freedom to be with the mortals for 6 months in a year to let the blonde pursue her dreams. Lisa was regretful, truly regretful when she insisted on her idea to stay at the mortal realm for at most, 6 months in a year so she could finish her studies— the heartbroken look Jennie had on her face made the blonde's heart ache.

But Jennie, being the kind and understanding lover that she was— agreed to the terms, even though reluctant at first. If Lisa could take it back, then she would, but the rationality in her head told her that this would only be temporary, because after Lisa graduates from college— she'll resign herself to staying with Jennie in the underworld for eternity.

It would only take four years, just four years. Two years of being seperated with Jennie but also two years of reunion with Jennie.

At that time, Jennie along with Chahee and Yerin had been busy with the Underworld. The three goddesses had their hands tied with the countless souls that suddenly flooded their gates due to some weird outbreak in the mortal realm. So with that in mind, Jennie couldn't visit Lisa at all during their 6 months of seperation and the blonde could feel the aching loneliness— the craving of the soothing warmth and comfort the goddess always brings.