Chapter 12: Kya hua tera vaada

"Good morning" she said acknowledging everyone with eye contact except her husband. There was a little hustle bustle, people were moving here and there.

A bunch of men in tuxedo's entered - the clients. This was a big deal, Arjun had been waiting for this for really long, Aakash nodded to Arjun as a best of luck while Arjun smiled to him. Although there was one person in the room who smiled to himself, knowing that this presentation wasnt going to take place.

Arjun connected his laptop to present his presentation, that he had kept secret and hadnt included any of Diya's designs even though he knew what the emergency was but it was too late to study her new designs and add them.

"Gentlemen, I present to you" Arjun began and clicked, only to view an empty slide, he frantically clicked again and again only to get empty slides. His ppt had been tampered with.

"Mr. GOENKA! WE DIDNT EXPECT THIS! THIS IS A DIRECT INSULT TO US!"

"Gentlemen, please calm down, there seems to he a difficulty" Aakash said getting up, meanwhile someone in the room smirked

"Mr. Goenka, we expect the plans right now or else you can expect this deal to be called off!"

He and Arjun went aside, with a person from the IT team trying to help, Meera slowly walked to them,
"Can I try?" She asked the both of them "I have a few designs in my laptop"

"We dont have a choice bhai" Aakash said , "Meera are you sure about it?"

"Jiju, I have the designs, that's the only part I'm sure off"
Arjun was constantly glaring at Meera, who had began to connect her laptop
_
The dimmed lights came back and the room broke into an applause.
"Those are some very planned designs, I must say, you are?" The client asked putting his hand out

"Meera Gupta" Meera said smiling politely moving her hand towards him.

"Mr. Goenka we are so sorry we had to act like that in the beginning but we had some expectations from your firm, I must say you have exceeded them! Such creativity, analysis and space management, you have a wonderful team"

"Thank you sir" Arjun said impassively
_

"You called for me?" Meera said peeking inside

"Yes, Meera, please come in, I had to say a few things but I thought I'd let you come back from cloud nine and your success"

"Umm, wasnt exactly a success¿" Meera said awkwardly, a part of her knew he was being sarcastic

"How does it feel after your victory? After you very successfully belittled me in front of the management and pretended to 'save the day'"

"Excuse me!" Meera asked petrified, "that is an absurd accusation!"

"Well it's a very valid one knowing that only you had access to my laptop since you stay in MY room! Besides it was the perfect revenge for me not accepting your designs!" Arjun scoffed

"Mr. Arjun Goenka! Can you stop accusing me! I'm a professional and not an insecure one! I'm perfectly confident of my capabilities and I dont need to tamper with your ppt to get validation for my designs! And I'm well aware that yesterday crossing my deadlines was my fault but I dont feel the need to take revenge for it! Please mind your tone! I'm not your wife here Mr. Goenka, I'm an employee, a qualified professional!" She scoffed back at him

"Meera Gupta you will stay right there, actually, you wanted to prove yourself right? Fine, I'm quitting this project, you do it,okay? Call me when I need to swoop in and take care of your little mess, there you go, maybe the next time you wont tamper with other people's things!"