Epilogue

To my readers who have only given me love and have been extremely supportive towards my stories, this seems like I am letting you down but it's just that I am unable to continue this story, the things that I had in mind for this were some how unable to be executed 

I hope this was in some way able to do justice to your love 

yours truly 
Pina Colada 

--------------------------------

The alarm on the bedside rung and Arjun groggily got out his hand from under the blanket and pressed the alarm clock to shut its squealing. He was careful to do this without too much movement, his wife was still sleeping, naked, with the only barrier between them being his boxers. He had one of his arms wrapped around her and with the hand that he had just stopped the alarm, he tucked a strand of hair that was falling on her face and kissed her on her bare shoulders. 

He knew that she slept naked only on nights that would be followed by mornings that she didn't want to get out of the bed and this was her way to keep him in the bed too. 

When she didn't respond to his kiss on the shoulder, he went on and kissed the nape of her neck. His wife turned away her body and slept on her stomach in response, not acknowledging the affection.

Arjun gave a small smile of amusement, there was nothing new in this, just that it still surprised him on how much his wife had transformed. 

He slowly run his hand on a scar on her back, a scar that once used to be vivid was now camouflaging with her skin tone. They had come a long way. Meera had come a long way - from hiding her scars from him to letting him heal them. 

He remembered the first time they had slept together, which was way after the kiss that took place in the rain. Meera's trauma had made it quite hard for her to engage in physical intimacy, yet after baby steps - Arjun and Meera had sex in one of the hotel rooms of the heritage hotel that they had put in a lot of effort in building just the day before it's inauguration. He had ensured that she enjoyed every bit of the love making which she had explicitly told him that she did but he also remembered her hesitance in revealing herself to him which they had now over come. 

Meera being Meera, she was fortress - that couldn't be conquered, but had to be won over. 

But that one nigh of love making was only the beginning, what followed was some crazy wildness that came from Meera's need to be good at everything including love making!

"Baby it's time" Arjun whispered in Meera's ear as his hands reached her arse. Meera slowly turned the other way and gave him a wide smile. 

"Time is just an illusion" She said looking into his eyes 

"You can't get me started on this debate, I know what you're trying to do" Arjun said immediately looking away as he got away from her

"Okay let's do it for the last time, come on, you know you want it" Meera said as he hands traveled to Arjun's waist and she winked making Arjun burst out laughing. Meera looked at him dubiously 

"You're impossible Meera" he said as he snaked his arms around her waist and buried his head in the nape of her neck. 

"And that's why you love me" Meera dictated as she ruffled her hands in his hair. 

"Oh really and what is it that you love me for?" Arjun asked as he hovered over her 

"I don't know if I love you actually" Meera pretended 

"Oh I'll make you know right this instant" Arjun smirked at her as he moved his hands up to her breast tickling Meera on the way and making her laugh unapologetically, the both of them, ready to let the magic happen 

Meera put her head on his chest. She could feel his racing heart. She slid her hand over it. 

"Just stop me if it makes you this anxious" She said without looking at him 

"But that will not just make me a bad husband but also a bad mentor" he said, kissing her forehead. His grasp tightening over her. 

Meera had gotten the offer to design an enormous project in New York and even though Meera had kept away her ambitions aside for a long time, enjoying the work that she got to do with Arjun both professionally and personally, Arjun thought she was throwing away a very good opportunity. 

After a lot of debates and discussions - Meera had revealed that she wanted to work on the ambitious project but she didn't want to more away from Arjun. 

She hadn't turned clingy, she was only habituated to him. Sure they gave each other their space but there was togetherness in that too, more than what could be between two continents with almost two massive oceans between them. 

Arjun had encouraged her to take the opportunity and not think too much about them, they'd remain a team and a couple no matter. 

And that's what lovers were meant to do, encourage each other to chase their dreams. 

"I don't say this enough but thank you, for everything" Meera whispered with her hands around Arjun's neck 

"You're being two nice today, I can't wait for you to be back after an year and shoot daggers at me if I held your hand publicly!" Arjun accused her. Meera chuckled and pecked him on the lips. 

"It's not going to be that long, I'll be back for Dadu's barsi (death anniversary)" She said as she left him and laid back on the bed. Dadu had left them almost 2 year ago, it was a grief that Meera hadn't gotten over and she realized that it was a grief that she'd never get over but that didn't mean that she couldn't be happy with the people who loved her immensely. Her eyes felt a little watery. 

"Hey hey hey" Arjun bent forward and kissed her on the cheek, wiping the little tear before it slipped out her eyes. "I hate your eyes being reduced from oceans to leaky faucets" 

It surprised him on how emotional awoke Meera had become in the years. She had learnt expressing and opened up to him fully. 

Meera smiled to him. 

"Talking about leaky faucets, I know how to make showers fun" She said unable to contain her grin 

Arjun ran his hand on Meera's back under the shower and moved a step closer to her, hugging her from the back. 

"I am really gonna miss you" he whispered 

"I'll be back before you know it" she said, cupping his face. 

"I love you very much" she added, as their foreheads touched and the the water ran from the shower, through them 

"I love you too" Arjun replied 

that's my tine guys, thanks a lot