Chapter 36

Meera was back at work and undergoing physiotherapy for her hand, things were finally settling in the Goenka mansion. Meera's sleep was improving, it wasn't restless, she feared the office would be a trigger but it wasn't since Arjun was clear that she going to use his cabin, it was large enough to accommodate two people.What happened with Satish Awasthy had come out in the public, Arjun feared that any questions about it to Meera would trigger her. Meera herself was uncomfortable with crowds and she was okay with being in Arjun's cabin apart from occasional movements here and there. 

Infact there was a part of her that just pushed her closer to Arjun, something would happen everytime he touched her, butterflies in stomachs, goose bumps, a weird feeling in the head. Surprisingly none of that made her feel uncomfortable. She loved the attention.

Divya and Aakash had come back from their trip and they seemed much happier. Sudha and Pratibha looking at the house were sure that there prayers had been granted. 

"Rohan called up today" Meera said as she entered the room and put her bag aside while Arjun sat on the bed and got rid of his shoes 

"About London? Meera I don't get why you don't wanna go" 

"I dont know" 

"Really?" Arjun raised his eye brows 

"Ugh alright I am scared, that I might have a trigger there and like my friends will find out" Meera explained

"London, reminds me, I've got a proposal" Arjun said

"What!? Like a marriage one!?" Meera asked scrunching her eye brows

"No! you're mad Meera! business proposal!" Arjun burst out laughing 

"Oh okay, interesting tell me more, is it from the queen of england?" Meera asked excitedly 

"Well, it's for a king, not of england, there is a hotel that wants us to restore a palace" Arjun explained 

"OH MY GOD! Historical! oh my god Arjun! please do it, please do it, pleaseee, I've always wanted to work on a historical project!" Meera said excitedly

"Yes yes Meera calm down you're still on physio! I know it's exciting but there is a problem, the king needs to be convinced to give a go to this project" 

"Oh, okay lets go to his kingdom then, I'll come with you and together we'll persuade him!" Meera said excitedly 

"Meera, he stays in London" 

-

It was decided that Meera, Arjun and the boys would go to London. Meera could chill with the boys while Arjun could seal the deal. This way Meera was less insecure knowing that Arjun would still be around her. As tough as she tried to act, her head was pretty perturbed but Arjun some how managed to calm herself down. 

They reached the Heathrow airport, while Meera and her friends left for the service apartment, Arjun had a separate cab called for him as he had his meeting lined up first with the assistant and then the king himself.

Meera and her friends being extremely tired crashed onto the beds and couches as  soon as they reached not planning anything for the day except for a simple dinner.

Arjun came back dejected, his plans were rejected outrightly by Raja Sahab. This got his schedule cleared for the next week in London but this was not just a profitable deal but a passionate and enriching project.

He entered to see Meera sleeping next to Pranav, a pang of jealousy hit him but sensibility soon took over when he realized how close Meera's friends were to her and how it was entirely platonic.