Chapter 29: Mr. Darcy

The banquet hall was well decorated swarming with high profile guests with just enough bouquets to fill the entire room with flowers. Meera stood in the vicinity of atleast one family member, she was not accustomed to huge crowds and this one was an entirely unfamiliar one. But she knew that she was being gazed at, by various people. 

"What's with that aunty in the black Saree, she can't stop staring!" Meera hissed to Divya and Sakshi 

"Oh that's Mrs. Bajaj, she desperately wanted her daughter to get married to Arjun bhaiya" Divya pointed out 

"She reminds me of snape muttering curses in the quiditch match!" Meera said making Sakshi and Divya chuckle

"Bhabhi, you've married the most eligible bachelor of the city, get used to this attention and that one" Sakshi interjected, pointing to Arjun who was mobbed by numerous girls, giggling and slapping his chest. And the non-boss Arjun version was actually smiling back. Meera wondered if he too was flirting, she wasn't jealous, she just found it funny, maybe this was something she could use to tease Arjun. 

Pratibha called Meera and asked her to go inform Arjun that he was being called by Shantanu to which Meera conceded. The crowd around Arjun had dispersed there was only one woman standing next to Arjun. 

"Oh come on Arjun, you remember that night, it was so much fun!" she said enticingly. She was wearing a knee length A liner dress. In her broad borrowed from somewhere accent, Arjun sounded a lot like Ajjun. Meera wanted to laugh but she decided to have some fun at their expense. 

She went behind Arjun and slipped her hand onto his shoulder. 

"Darling, the pregnancy reports are out" She announced very raunchily, making the other woman look at Meera with a horrified expression. Arjun himself was quite surprised and turned around with a face where every cell of his seemed to be screaming "what"

"Who is she!" the woman gasped 

"That's what I was trying to tell you Lara, I am married now and she is my wife" Arjun said trying to diffuse the situation

"Awe Ajjun! how could you do this to me!" she cried out 

"We were a one night thing before i got married!" Arjun hissed as Meera who could here everything interjected, "baby don't you wanna hear the result" 

"I hate you" Huffed the woman and walked away as Arjun turned to Meera and looked at her dubiously while she broke out laughing. 

"Oh Ajjun, how could you do this to me, bleh blehbleh blehbleh" Meera said imitating the woman 

"Ha ha, so funny" Arjun said rolling his eyes

"Come on, Maa is calling you" Meera said leading him to pratibha

Meera's face  lit up as she spotted Rohan whose father was an acquaintance of Shantanu's present in the party. He was hanging around with Pranav. 

"Hey boys, I wasn't expecting to see you" Meera greeted them and got to know that they were invited by Arjun. Mihir too was invited but he chose not to come. The both of them saw her and began laughing at once. 

"meera the next thing we know, you'll have a pallu on your head" Pranav interjected

"Just shut up!" Meera lightly smacked his arm. Her head turned to the gate and she saw her family entering. She quickly rushed there. 

She saw them rather morose. She quickly hugged everyone including Dadu who entered with his nurse on a wheelchair. Her mom and dad however quickly left making way towards the room. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked Nidhi 

"No, mami and mamu fought again" Avi answered making large eyes