Chapter 32: Kaari Kaari

"Umm can you pass the jug please" Arjun whispered to Meera on the dining table who very conveniently ignored every word he had said. Her hand had improved and she had to improve her appetite so no one would suspect anything so she choose to eat a handful of rice with the spoon since it seemed to hurt her wrist less. Arjun had been on silent treatment, Meera was really mad at him for not even listening to her once. She stayed home at the pretext of helping Divya out and planning for the 35th anniversary celebration. She was very anxious, she could barely sleep at nights and the couch on which she had moved owing to being pissed off at Arjun wasn't quite comfortable either.  

Imaged of Satish's disgusting kiss would flash across her mind and soemtimes it would be anxiety as to how she would build up a new career now! no firm would hire her knowing that she was fired from Goenkas! But at the same times there was also a fierceness to prove Arjun wrong and she made calls the entire day to get more information to join the pieces as evidence against Satish. 

The day finally arrived for the occasion, it was purely a business party with only immediate family. 

After a lotta pressure from Divya and no energy to fight back, she wore a print lehenga and a white shirt as the top. She was feeling really out of place though but was only there so she could notice anything suspicious about her arch nemesis. 

As she stood there trying to get herself together, a waiter came forward with a tissue in his hand. He handed it over to her and disappeared. 

i have valuable information on Mr. Satish, Meet me in room number 1209 

Meeta looked around to spot anyone who she thought might have some information. Who could have known she was digging? She had made quite a few phone calls here and there, maybe some one was kind enough to sense her desperation. This was her chance to avenge everything from Mr. Satish, all the humiliation. It seemed pretty concrete. Meera crushed the tissue in her palm and placed it on the table, then taking a last look around to ensure that no one was noticing her she walked out of the room. 

Meera rung the bell of room no. 1209, she was jittery wondering to see who it was, was it someone she knew? She stood out of the room. Suddenly she felt someone's thick fleshy hand on her mouth and she heard the door opening. She was captured in the grip of someone, she tried hard  to escape the clutches of the well built person but was pulled inside the room and the room was locked. 

-

Arjun ran his hand through his hair as he saw Meera standing at a corner. He turned around, as long as she was in the vicinity she was fine. He had no intention of hurting her knowing very well how passionate she was about her work but he had to fire her in front of Mr. Satish for her own safety knowing very well what a dangerous man Mr. Satish could be. It was for her own protection that he didn't encourage her hostility towards Satish. Even if it meant taking her hate or sustaining the silent treatment which was damn bothersome around Meera. 

His thoughts were disturbed by one of the important business people who he had to attend to. After attending to a few other people he turned around to take a look at Meera again. His eyes roamed the room to spot Meera but failed to do so. 

-

Meera tried to violently jerk out of the grip of the well built man, but he turned her towards the wall and put a hand on her mouth. 

"What did I say Miss. Gupta, no snooping around, but seems like you don't understand it" the voice said evilly. Meera felt giddy hearing the voice, she looked up to see Satish. She squirmed as he brought his face closer to hers, tightly gripping her body, "I must say I did notice you from the first day onwards, you had quite a different charm, and I knew I had to make this body mine, well the good thing is that you were just as interested in me, as I was in you" He said wickedly.