chapter 1

"DON'T YOU DARE RUN!! JUNG CHAEYEON!!" I heard the guys yelling as I began to run.

I'll introduce myself later, k? I'm afraid I'll have to run for my life right now...

"There she is! Let's split and not lose her!" I heard one of them said. I tried to find a way where there were a lot of people. 

"Shit.. there's no way I'm going inside that alley..." I mumbled. I saw a random guy who's wearing a black cap walking out of a donut shop and without further thinking, I quickly held the back of his shirt to get his attention.

He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me. "Um uh... can you hide me for a while? You see, I'm being chased by 5 men I don't even know who." He keeps on staring at me without even saying a word. I heard the running steps getting closer so I quickly hugged him to hide my face.

"Get off," He said in a cold tone as I whispered, "Please... Just until they're gone.."

"Aish, where is that girl..." I heard one of them said as the guy I hugged blocked my face with his arm. A few moments later, the guy spoke up, "They're gone."

I took my arms off of him and stood up straight. I smiled and bowed to him, "Thank you for helping me." I then walked in the opposite direction.

So, hey! I stopped running because the men apparently lost me, thanks to whoever that guy is. Right, Imma introduces myself. My name's Jung Chaeyeon and I'm in my last year of high school. Well, the last 2 months of high school to be exact. Yep, I'll be graduating soon😆.

I have an older brother named Jung Jaehyun. He's 3 years older than me and now he's in college. He got married to Park Chaeyoung (I usually call her Rose) and it was an arranged marriage. I got along well with her, but I don't think my brother did.

My dad owns a quite famous company and a hotel named Jung .Co. He often went abroad for a business trip with mom so sometimes we stay home alone with the maid.

Anyways...

I took out my phone and dialed my driver to pick me up in front of my dad's hotel because it's located around where I am, Gangseo. I quickly ran towards my dad's hotel and waited for my driver to show up.

Soon, my one of my dad's car showed up and I quickly walked inside the car. "Let's go home," I said as Mr. Kim nods. "Ms. Jung, is he still chasing you around?" Mr.Kim asked.

I sighed, "Yeah... I don't even know why he likes me."

"You should told your mom about this. I'm worried that something bad will happen," He said as I nodded and replied, "Yes, Mr.Kim."

When we reached home, I talked to my mom about the guy who's chasing me. My mom then told me that she'll hire a hidden bodyguard for me tomorrow.

"So, I won't know who my bodyguard is?" I asked as my mom caressed my head and shook his head, "He'll stay hidden and will only come out if you're in danger."

"Thanks, mom," I hugged her and she cupped my forehead.

|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|⋆⋅⋆|

The next day at school...

"I'm hungry... when will the bell ring?" Yuna whined. "Be patient sissy, 10 more minutes..." Ryujin cooly said.

"Chae, he's staring at you.." Lia spoke out as she tried to block him by slowly resting her head on her hand. "You guys know, he was chasing me yesterday!" I exclaimed.

"He what?" Yeji raised an eyebrow. "Well he wasn't the one who really chased me, but he hired some men to chase me. Luckily a random guy I found on the streets was willing to help me."

"Such a creep," Ryujin glared at him. "At least you're still okay," Chaeryeong smiled sweetly at me as I smiled back. 

Soon, the bells ring and I began to clean up my books. Someone then sat down on my desk, Dong Sun..

"Let's eat lunch together?" He looked at me seductively but I wasn't buying any of that. Instead, it looks disgusting.

"Sorry, she's going with us," Yuna linked her arms with me and sassily flipped her hair at him. The others laughed when Yuna's hair hits Dong Sun's face, I can't help but laugh too. We then walked towards the canteen to get our lunch.

"Earth to Chaeyeon, Earth to Chaeyeon," Ryujin waved her hands in front of me as I blinked my eyes a few times and continue to eat. "What are you thinking about?" Lia asked as she chews her food.

"I wonder if I could meet that guy again. I want to repay him," I said as I looked at the others. "The guy who helped you yesterday?" Yeji asked as I nodded.

"Well, if you remember his face or how he sounds like, maybe you could meet him," Chaeryeong said. When we finished our lunch, we put the tray back and walked towards Chaeryeong's locker because she wants to take something.

We were talking about some random things until I saw 2 guys walking to the locker section while talking. "Hey girls!!" Minho greeted. The guy next to him seemed familiar...

Then I realized.

"Hwang Hyunjin?" I called out loud as he closed his locker and looked at me. I gasped as he widened his eyes, but not long after his face went back to normal. The others looked at both of us, confused.

"You're the one who helped me yesterday?" I exclaimed. "What?" The girls exclaimed too. He nodded and continue to get his things from his locker. 

"Why didn't I recognized you yesterday.. weird..?" I mumbled. "So, you're saying she's the one who suddenly came running to you and hugged you?" Minho's eyes went wide.

"Y-you hugged him?" Ryujin widened her eyes as she made me face her. I nodded hesitantly. "So what? At least I saved her yesterday," Hyunjin said simply and left us, Minho caught up with him from behind.

"Hwang Hyunjin!" I called out as he stopped walking and looked at me. "I want to repay for what you did yesterday!" I yelled.

"No need." He said loud enough for us to hear, then walked away with Minho.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* to be continued... *:・゚✧*:・゚✧