Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: The Eclipse

Makki |~|

Today was The Day of Black Sun. The day of the eclipse, the day of the invasion. As scary as invading the Fire Nation sounded, I felt that I was ready.

I've trained under a master, traveled almost all over the world, and fought many different people with many different abilities. I'm ready.

Dressed in our Water Tribe clothing, Katara and I sat beside Sokka as he stared at and pondered over his invasion plan and maps of the Fire Nation. To help him relax, Katara gave him a cup of water and a small, reassuring smile.

"Top of the morning, Momo!" Aang came skipping over from his koala sheep pelt bed.

"Sounds like you slept well," Katara stood up.

"Like a baby moose lion," said Aang. "I'm ready to face the Fire Lord."

"So what's your strategy for taking him down?" Toph asked. "Going to get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

"I can't," Aang frowned. "When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"...You know what I just heard? Blah-blah spiritual mumbo jumbo, blah-blah something about space," Toph mocked.

"Don't worry, Aang," I said. "I'm sure you can face the Fire Lord without the Avatar State. And even if you do need it, you'll figure something out. You always do."

Aang smiled sadly at me before giving me a small nod.

"Oh, no," Katara said, making me turn and see the fog that was on the horizon. "Guys, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

"...No," Sokka stood up. "That is the invasion."

From the fog, five Southern Water Tribe sailboats emerged. Excitedly, we all ran to the shore where the boats were going to stop. Together, Aang and Toph created five docks using their earth bending. All of the sailboats docked together before Katara, Sokka, and I ran up to Dad's boat. Once Dad was off the boat, Katara and I embraced him

"You made it, Dad!" Katara exclaimed.

"We missed you," I said.

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked.

"I did," Dad smiled. "But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type."

"Whooo-wheee!" two men dressed in leaves and tree bark came marching off of Dad's boat. "This place ain't nothing like a swamp. What'd you reckon that is, Tho? Some kind of Fire Nation exploding trap that would eat ya?"

"It's just a rock, Due."

"Well, I'll be."

"...Are those the swamp guys you mentioned earlier?" I asked Katara who nodded.

"Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf hat?" Dad asked.

"I just wish they would wear pants," said Bato.

"Pants are an illusion. And so is death," said a third swamp man.

[~][~][~]

Katara walked with me as she explained who everyone was. We already got to meet the swamp people. Which was... uh, nice. But before Katara could introduce me to anyone else, Toph and Aang wanted to talk for a bit. While we were talking, a teenage boy with long brown hair and brown facial hair with Earth Kingdom clothing came walking up to us.