Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Memories, New and Old

Zuko [~]

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island. It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing," Ty Lee smiled.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time," I snapped. "We're being sent on a forced vacation. I feel like a child."

"Lighten up. So Dad wants to meet with his advisors alone, without anyone else around. Don't take it personally," said Azula.

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee asked.

"We used to come every summer when we were kids," Azula explained.

Back when Mom was still around.

"That must've been fun," said Ty Lee.

"That was a long time ago," I said.

[~][~][~]

When we finally arrived at the docks of Ember Island, Li and Lo greeted us in hideous pink Fire Nation robes.

"Welcome to Ember Island, kids."

We looked past Li and Lo to see where we were staying, which was in a tiny beach cottage that was mounted onto some rocks. They led us inside the shabby cottage and it was even worse than I had imagined. Everything was so pink, it was like Ty Lee threw up in here.

"It smells like old lady in here," I whispered to Mai.

"Gee, I wonder why," she responded.

"...Who are these two beautiful women?" Ty Lee asked as she pointed to a painted picture of two young women in bathing suits.

"Can't you tell? It's Lo and Li."

...I'm gonna puke.

To avoid any other surprises such as that one, we led our own way into the room where we were going to be staying, with Li and Lo behind us. Immediately, Ty Lee hopped onto one of the beds.

I wouldn't have done that if I were you...

"Ooh, I love the seashell bedspread," Ty Lee smiled.

"Are you serious? It looks like the beach threw up all over it," Mai frowned.

"We know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend," said Li.

"But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind," said Lo.

"Give it a chance. And it can help you understand yourselves and each other."

Lo picked up a small rock from the table beside her.

"The beach has a special way..."

"Of smoothing even the most ragged edges," Li finished.

"Time to hit the beach," the two clapped before undressing their robes to show their bathing suits.

Mai tried to cover my eyes, but it was too late.

Makki |~|

After Sokka's swordsmanship lessons with Master Piandao, he decided that there was a small about of free time in the schedule that we could use to have a good time. Luckily enough, we found a small crater that was filled with cold water. We all decided that it was time for a swim day.

"Aang, I know swimming is fun and all, but do you really think you should be exposing yourself like that?" Toph asked, referring to Aang's arrows. "Cover up."