Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: To End the Melon Lord

Makki |~|

A little over a week has passed since Zuko and I finally made up. Explaining it to everyone was really... embarrassing. Especially since everyone thought it was a joke at first and when they finally realized that we were being serious, they all freaked out.

I suppose it is a bit... surprising. But I feel like everyone has kind of overreacted. Especially Sokka.

When everyone finally came to terms with it, it was actually really nice. It wasn't weird for Zuko and I to show affection towards one another, or for me to wear my necklace.

I feel so... I don't know... elated now that I've finally come to forgive Zuko and... love him again.

As of the moment, all of us were watching as Zuko trained Aang in fire bending just outside of the beach house. A lot of us were wondering why Zuko was pushing him so hard, but then again, none of us could really tell him about Aang's plan to sit out during the comet.

"More ferocious!" Zuko demanded. "Imagine striking through your opponent's heart."

"...I'm trying," Aang groaned.

"Now, let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo!" Zuko exclaimed.

Aang spun around and shot a small amount of fire from both of his hands and his mouth.

"That sounded pathetic," said Zuko. "I said, roar!"

Aang repeated his earlier actions, but now fire streamed from his palms and mouth as he roared; scaring Momo. Zuko nodded in approval.

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asked.

"Ooh, ooh, me, me, me!" Aang went to run over to us but was stopped by Zuko.

"Hey, your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki said.

"Fine," Zuko let Aang go. "If you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!"

Zuko huffed before stomping away.

"Maybe Zuko's right," said Sokka. "Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that– Beach party!"

All of us, except for Zuko, rushed down to the beach in our bathing suits. Sokka dove into the ocean before gathering seaweed for something, Suki lied on a beach towel onshore, and Katara made a surfboard out of ice that she used to ride the waves that I created.

"Get ready for a big one, Katara!" I exclaimed as I began to bend the seawater into a large wave.

"Bring it, Makki!" Katara cheered before gliding across the top to the wave and jumping into the air.

Once Katara landed back on the calm ocean surface, I walked over to Toph to see how she was doing.

"Check out my Appa sand-sculpture!" Aang called to us.

Toph and I walked over to see Aang's pretty impressive sculpture.

"Awesome, Aang! Quite impressive," I applauded.

"Not bad, Baldy," said Toph. "But I've been working on my sand bending. You're gonna love this."

Toph cracked her knuckles before turning around and created a beautifully scaled version of the city of Ba Sing Se.

"Whoa!" Aang awed as he knelt down to observe the city. "Wow. You even made a little Earth King and Bosco."

"Very impressive, Toph," I nodded before the three of us walked over to Sokka and his creation.