Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Katara's Revenge

Makki |~|

Last night was probably the best sleep I had had in a long time. I slept in a large circle with the rest of my friends and family, and enjoyed the silence within the temple.

Our family is finally reunited... I really feel at peace.

I tossed and turned a slight bit when I began to wake up. I tried to get comfortable in a different position so I could fall asleep again, but I, and everyone else, was suddenly jolted awake when a large explosion erupted near the temple's water fountain. We all stood up and watched as a fleet of Fire Nation airships surrounded us. Aang lept up and ran with Appa towards us before slamming the doors around us shut. From the outside, the airships blasted a mirage of bombs at the doors

"Watch out!"

Zuko lept towards Katara and tackled her to the ground before a pile of rocks falling from the ceiling took her place.

"What're you doing?" I heard Katara exclaim from behind the debris.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you," Zuko stated.

"Okay, I'm not crushed. You can get off me now," Katara told him harshly before running back to the group.

"Are you okay?" I asked Katara as she ran up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Katara said before sending a small glare towards Zuko.

"Come on," Toph pointed towards the large tunnel that she and Haru made. "We can get out through here!"

Everyone ran in the tunnel all at once but stopped and turned around once a large groan filled the air. At the entrance of the tunnel, Aang fought to get Appa to follow him.

"...What're you doing?" Aang asked after looking past Appa.

I followed Aang's look to see that Zuko was standing by the doors, ready to leave.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off..." Zuko told us before running towards the airships.

"Zuko, no!" Aang called.

Aang was about to run after him, but Sokka, Katara, and I all stopped him and began to help pull Appa into the tunnel.

"Come on, we've got to get out of here," Sokka told Aang.

As we all pulled on Appa's reins, I couldn't help but watch as Zuko lept over the shattering doors and ran to the edge of the temple.

...How are you supposed to hold off an entire air fleet by yourself? You can be really stupid sometimes.

"Ugh! I can't get him to go in there!" Aang strained as we continued to pull Appa towards the tunnel. "Appa hates tunnels."

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here," said Katara.

"Well, if we can't get Appa to cooperate, then flying is our only option," I explained.

"We have to find a way," Aang said as we all let go of Appa's reins.

"We need to split up," Sokka decided before running up to Dad. "Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship."

We're splitting up... Again?!

"...No!" Katara exclaimed. "The Fire Nation can't separate our family again."

Katara stomped her way over to Dad, with me following behind her.

"It'll be okay," Dad placed his hands on Katara's shoulder. "It's not forever."

"...It's our only choice, Katara," I told her.