Chapter 2

Sofia had never been in a plane before, and reading all those articles about past plane crashes did not help with her nerves in the slightest. To make matters worse she felt incredibly awkward sitting next to a grumpy looking man, though he thankfully made no attempts to make any conversation with her.

As the plane began speed, her panic only increased, until she looked at the view from the window and instantly became entranced. She was quite shocked to see the ordinary place she grew up in looked so beautiful from above. Until now Sofia had not thought much about leaving this city, but seeing it like this made her remember more and more fond memories.

The shorcuts she took to school so she could sleep in a bit longer.

The nice lady at the bakery who would give her discounts each time she came.

The best view she got of the fireworks display each New Years by sneaking onto the roof.

The happiness nine year old Sofia felt when she won her first music contest.

The 16 year old wondered if she would make any good memories at her new home. Once she was served her meal by the flight attendant, she found she could barely finish half of it and resorted to fiddling with her necklace to pass the time until she fell asleep.

When she woke up it was now morning, and the plane was about to land in a few minutes. Before the seatbelt warning came back on, she quickly went to the toilet to redo her appearance so at least her brothers wouldn't think of her as scruffy. To her dismay, it was taking longer than she had previously thought.

Goddamit, why was her hair so knotty?!

An hour later...

Sofia had a member of the airport staff assist her, so getting through the airport was no problem. Now came the toughest part, meeting her brothers, that's assuming that they would come all the way to pick her up. She checked her phone to see a message from an unknown number.

Come to where the car park entrance is...?

Like she had any idea where that was. Luckily, a nice staff member gave her instructions and she made it without getting lost. Just as she reached, she noticed a tall, handsome man wearing a suit standing there. He had light brown hair, but Sofia couldn't see his eyes since he was wearing sunglasses. There was no way she could be related to him, so she decided to look around for who was going to pick her up and walked straight past him.

"Hey! Wait!"

Sofia continued walking, he must be calling someone else.

"Sofia!"

Ok, maybe he was calling her. She turned around to see the man had taken off his sunglasses and was waving frantically at her, so she slowly walked back to where he stood, still feeling suspicious about him.

"Sorry I should have told you how I looked like or something. I'm Luca, you're second oldest brother." He smiled and before Sofia could even respond he hugged her tightly .

"I-it's fine." Was the only thing she could say once he let go. She felt a bit embarrassed yet safe in his presence, but told herself that she still can't trust him or anyone else yet.

At a closer look, Luca had a similar eye colour to her mother, although his was a more beautiful emerald colour whilst her mother had a more murky shade of green. He also had a charming smile, and she could tell it was a genuine one towards her.

He immediately took her suitcase and bag from her and ushered her towards the front passenger's seat in a very expensive looking car before getting in the driver's seat. Once he started the car and drove them away, he began to talk.