Chapter 9

The next morning Sofia found herself in a state of trepidation for starting her new school, which she had found quite unusual. She never even got nervous about a competition, yet the idea of going to some private school where the kids may be completely different to what she was used to terrified her, not to mention her brothers would be there to watch her every move.

The uniform had been surprisingly comfortable and for once it didn't take her ages to do her hair, which brought her some solace.

For breakfast there was only her and the twins, who would apparently also be incharge of dropping and picking her up unless there were any emergencies. Marco had been ignoring her as usual and Rocco handed her a bowl of cereal and began chatting away whilst somehow eating his own breakfast.

"-And then Vince forced Dante to climb up the tree to get me down!"

"You must have gotten into a lot of trouble for that."

"Yeah..."

As the conversation halted, Marco suddenly looked up from his food as a look of realisation came across him.

"Rocco leave without me after school today, I have more basket practice after school."

"Sure, but don't you usually have it on just Thursdays?"

"Coach wants to try out some new strategies since we're having a match soon."

"Ok."

Oh yeah, Marco's on the basketball team. That would mean only she and Rocco would go home together today, for which she was slightly thankful.

When they went to the garage, Marco and Rocco had a rock-paper-scissors competition to see whose car they would use, Rocco lost.

"Ugh," the younger twin then narrowed his eyes at Sofia, "I'm sitting at the front!"

She blinked, "fine by me."

The girl sat at the back and looked out the window as her apprehension grew. She clutched her stomach as it began to hurt.

"You nervous?"

Sofia turned to see Rocco who had stopped fighting with Marco over what music they should play and was now staring at her.

"A bit."

He laughed, "don't worry about it so much, you'll be over it within the first hour."

She nodded in appreciation for his advice yet the butterflies would not stop.

"Why would you get stressed over such a dumb thing?"

Of course the rude and unnecessary comment came from Marco.

She glared at him and he meet her eyes through the rear-view mirror with a look in his eyes which she could not decipher.

"School's lame anyways, besides aren't you gonna want to check out the music equipment?"

Sofia's stomach stopped hurting and her shoulders relaxed, she hadn't thought of it that way. For once she felt warmth at Marco's attempt of guidance.

Her brothers could instantly tell their help worked and went back to squabbling over what music to put on.

"All of your songs are weird and most of the time I've never heard of them anyways!"

"Rocco, all you listen to is what's popular, and it's sucks."

The addressed brother gasped dramatically, "you. Did. Not."

Marco smirked, "boom bitch."

"TAKE THAT BACK!"

Although the girl's stomach had stopped hurting, her ears were in dire pain from listening to this ridiculous arguement. Before her eardrums burst, she decided to interrupt their conversation.