Chapter 3

It was around 2pm when Sofia had eventually woken up. Her hair was once again a mess, and took 15 minutes for her to sort out before she looked presentable again. For now she decided to start unpacking.

She started with organising her books on the shelves next to her desk, and afterwards arranged the few clothes and shoes she had in her walk-in closet. At her old home the boiler had broken ages ago so Sofia was forced to take freezing showers. Since unpacking didn't take her long, she decided to take a hot shower for the first time in months, which would also get rid of the unpleasant plane smell.

When she came out she felt refreshed, and decided to wear dark blue jeans with a grey sweater. Sofia then sat at her desk as she starting writing a music piece that was beginning to form in her mind, she wanted to try it out on a piano, therefore she made a mental note to ask Luca if there was a music room anywhere she could use.

Feeling satisfied at the work she had done so far, she went downstairs to the kitchen where there was a mouthwatering aroma of bacon. Sofia ended up finding it was Luca who was making sandwiches. He turned around to see who it was, and then flashed her his million dollar smile.

"I made some BLT sandwiches since the others are coming home in a bit."

He handed a plate with one on it for her.

"...I'm not hungry though."

Luca frowned, "you've barely eaten anything since morning, how could you not be starving?"

Sofia wanted to tell him that what she had eaten so far today had been the most in a while, but was afraid he might try to give her even more food. So she sat down at the table and began to eat slowly. Luca looked pleased and went back to preparing the rest of the sandwiches.

"The other boys eat a ton, so I always have to make something to last them till dinner so they won't try to finish all the snacks." He laughed, and then joined his sister at the table with his own sandwich.

By the time Luca had finished his portion, Sofia had barely eaten half before declaring she's full.

"Just finish the other half?"

"Then I won't be hungry at dinner."

"Dinner's hours away, you'll definitely have space for more food by then."

"I'll throw up if I have anymore."

He sighed, there was no winning against her.

"It's fine Luca, I definitely don't mind finishing what our sorella can't." A cheerful voice came from behind Sofia, before swooping in to take her remaining half and stuffing it in his mouth. Seeing the school uniform on him, Sofia knew it was one of the twins. He was a bit shorter than Luca, and had the same emerald eyes, though his hair was a much darker shade of brown. 

Most of all she was slightly impressed with how he finished what took her so long to eat within a few bites.

"ROCCO! I kept your sandwich in the kitchen, stop being greedy."

So he was the younger twin with the messy room.

Rocco paid no attention to Luca's nagging and put up a peace sign at Sofia, who gave an awkward wave back. 

Luca looked around in confusion."Where's Marc?" 

"Did you forget? He has basketball practice today, so Dante's gonna pick him up after he finishes work."

"Oh yeah, slipped my mind."

Rocco patted his shoulder in understanding, "it's ok Luca, it comes with old age."

A dark look came across the older one's eyes as he shrugged off his hand.

"Funny, I still haven't forgotten about how messy that room of yours was when I saw it before."

Rocco froze and broke into a cold sweat.

"Maybe I'll tell Vince later too."

"Ok I'm sorry for calling you old, you're not! Don't tell Vince, please Luca." Rocco begged his now smirking brother, and really emphasised how sorry he felt by stretching the 'please'.  Sofia at the same time came to the conclusion that the brothers were terrified of Vincent, and wondered if he really was a scary person.

"Fine, as long as you get round to actually cleaning your room, I don't know how you can just leave everything laying around like that!"

The boy just nodded before running up the stairs and Luca sighed as he yelled at Rocco to not run. Then Sofia remembered what she came for.

"Luca?"

"Hmm?"

"I was wondering if there was anywhere where I could play any instruments, or just the piano for now."

"You can play the piano?"

"Yes that's one of the instruments I can play, is there anywhere I can do so?" Sofia rushed, eager to find out.

"Well actually father had a music room years ago since he hoped one of us would try and learn to play, but no one did so the room was kept locked up. Tell you what, I'll ask Vince later to get the room cleaned then you can use it whenever, alright?"

"Thank you, it means a lot."

"No problem Fia, besides I'm impressed you play."

She muttered, embarrassed at his sudden praise, "I just taught myself bits and pieces."

Luca suddenly seemed very interested at this new discovery, and was about to ask her more when two people walked in. One was slightly taller than Luca, and had some tattoos along his arm, and even one on his neck. He had dark hair with sky blue eyes, and was overall intimidating. He must be Dante.

The other person Sofia realised must be Marco, he was dressed in a school uniform and looked very similar to Rocco, although he was more built with shorter hair and an eyebrow piercing. His glare at her also told her that he was not as approachable as his twin.

Dante on the other hand kept staring at the sister he hadn't seen in years, his eyes showing affection in them, and smirked.

"12 years and you're still tiny as ever I see."

Sofia felt insulted, she was 5'7! 

"I'm not tiny."

Amusement swam in his eyes, "If u insist piccola."

"Don't be so mean," Luca gave his brothers a look, "and please introduce yourselves properly."

Sofia wasn't stupid, she already worked out who they were, and felt irritation begin to spike in her.

"I'm Dante, piccola."

"Just call me Marc," grumbled the other.

Marco then proceeded to go up the stairs, not interested in making any conversation with his sister.

Well that went terribly.

"He only lets people really close to him call him Marc, he was just being shy." Unfortunately Luca's poor attempt of consolation did not reassure her in the slightest.

He'll probably let anyone call him Marc then.

She didn't comment and merely excused herself, and didn't fail to notice the look Dante and Luca shared. At this point she didn't care and dragged herself upstairs where she stayed until it was time for dinner, as well as meeting the remaining brothers.