Chapter 6

"What the hell are you doing up so early?" scowled Marco.

To say she was stunned to see Marco up early like her was an understatement. Sofia had totally thought he would not be a morning person. He was wearing a grey tracksuit with a loose fitting t-shirt, his face was slightly shiny from sweat, and judging by the trainers she guessed he had gone out for a run.

Then again Marco was part of the basketball team, so it made sense why he was keen on physical activity.

"Well?! I asked you a question, are you just gonna ignore me?"

Sofia responded quietly in a monotone voice, "I usually wake up this early." 

For now the girl disliked this brother the most, not only did he have the worst first impression, but he was rude and impatient. When she would eventually leave this place she would undoubtedly not miss him.

He raised an eyebrow at her reply, "even during the holidays?"

She nodded and moved passed him to see what to get for breakfast, before settling on having a banana. Turning around to see Marco still standing there, she started to feel annoyed when he refused to let her leave.

"That can't be all your eating."

"Well it is."

"Lunch won't be for another six hours or so."

"Don't worry this will keep me full."

They both kept glaring at each other, refusing to back down. After a minute or so, Marco ripped out the banana from his sister's hand despite her protests and told her to get Luca to help make 'proper breakfast'.

"What if he's asleep?"

"He's usually awake by now, just get him."

"But-"

Marco narrowed his eyes and scowled, "Do I need to tell Vince that someone doesn't want to follow the rules and keeps arguing?"

She huffed and went back upstairs to wake Luca, who astonishingly was already awake and dressed up for the day. As Sofia turned her back on Marco, the mean expression was wiped off the boy's face as he became slightly worried about why she wasn't eating more. He made a mental note to subtly bring it up to Remo at some point so he could do a check up on her.

Not that he'd ever let her know that.

After an hour had passed everyone was awake and at the dining table for breakfast. Vincent looked as proper and neat as he did yesterday, but the dark circles showed he didn't sleep much last night. 

Sofia had been unfortunately tasked with waking up Rocco by Luca beforehand, who wouldn't even get up after being splashed with cold water.  When she said she'd tell tell everyone about how bad of a job he did tidying up his room yesterday he shot up and begged her not to. It was a bit mean but worth it.

In exchange for keeping it a scret, Rocco was then forced to wake up Dante, who nearly strangled the poor guy and yelled at him for ten minutes straight for ruining his beauty sleep. Dante was for sure not a morning person in the Carmine family and Sofia kept in mind to never try and wake him up herself.

Within that hour Luca had managed to make an impressive stack of pancakes, waffles and a fruit salad which the others had no problem digging into immediately.

Feeling content with herself for managing to eat an entire waffle and pancake, Sofia realised she would have to slowly increase her appetite and food intake so nobody would notice how little she really ate. To draw less attention to the fact that she had finished eating, she even sipped slowly on a glass of orange juice.