Prolouge

June 15,1944- Saipan

Jonathan POV

It was a quiet morning as my squad mates ready themselves for the landing. I open my bible and went over my favorite verse. Mathew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of god". This line is what got me into the Marine Core, it is what got me through the hellish basic training, and now I hope it will protect me here. I made the cross on my chest as my sergeant comes into the room to get us on the landing craft. We prepare ourselves for the worst, we have seen how they fought on Guadalcanal and the Philippines. The ramp from the assault ship drops and we roll out in our Amtracs, weapon in hand and the thought of what awaits us in our heads. My best friend Craig was next to me with a sickening look on his face.

Jonathan: You ok man?

Craig: I just don't know man, my stomach is churning, my head is clouded, and I might die. But on the bright side I have girl back home if I survive this.

Jonathan: Well we will survive, after all god is watching us.

Craig: I kinda wish he can watch all of us.

Then artillary ran down on us from the island. The amtracks and amtanks next to us explode. Then a shell hits 2 feet from our vehicle. The water splashing all of us as we heard the sergeant over the roar of battle.

Sergeant: 20 seconds till landing, remember don't bunch up and run like hell!

My inner clock begins the countdown...

As it hits 15 seconds I thought of my brother who is a pilot on board the USS Enterprise and hope that he is safe and that if I die he will go back home. I closed my eyes and got myself ready to run like I have been trained to do.

I heard the ramp drop and I sprinted as fast as I can, I heard my fellow comrades scream as machine guns in the forest in front of us light up. I aim my M1 and fired until I hear the *Ping* signaling me to reload. Then as I looked up from my reloading process a young Japanese soldier came running up to me with a rifle and bayonet. 

???: BANZAI!!!

He try to stab me but I parried with my knife and then he brought out his katana. Then we heard a whistle of an artillery shell getting closer. I ducked down and heard an explosion, then there was silence, and everything went white.

Earlier that day

Kaito POV

We where getting ready for the attack, I was sharpening my katana while my childhood friend Hinata was cleaning his rifle. We chatted about many things before this but today we where quiet. We both wanted to live but today we know we are going to die. If we live from the battle we will be butchered by those American barbarians. After all that is what the government says and for as long as I can remember they have always been correct. Then Hinata spoke up.

Hinata: Hey Kaito-san

Kato: Yes?

Hinata: Do you believe in the afterlife?

Kato: No, not really. I want to but we will never know for sure until we go there.

Hinata: I see, then I will see you in the afterlife if their is one.

Kato: I will be looking forward to it.

We both smiled but in our hearts we know we aren't going to leave this island alive, either dead or captured to die later.

Then we heard the naval guns of the American go off followed quickly by our own artillery. The battle has started and the countdown for our lives has started.