an Awaited Event

A/N: Hey, readers! So I hope you are enjoying my first fanfic. I am hoping to make this a long story, and am going to post as much as possible. I would be grateful for any criticism or advice. Thank you for reading! (This might also be a bit selfish, but I would be extremely grateful if you shared this with friends so more people will learn about my story!)

Kayano's POV:

 "Today is the day,"  I sang happily. "The day I eat pudding with Nagisa!"

I looked at the time on my phone. 

"3:00?! I have to get ready! Nagisa is expecting me in half an hour! It takes around 8 minutes to get to the pudding cafe, so that doesn't leave me much time!" 

I had already taken a shower and dried my hair, but I still needed to put it up, pick out an outfit, maybe put on some make-up. . . 

I sprinted to my closet and examined all of its contents. I stopped when I looked at a beautiful spring dress. It was white, with lace on the bottom and around the short sleeves. I ironed it, even though it was on a hanger. (Don't want my dress to have any wrinkles on my dat- I mean, friendly get together with Nagisa!) 

I got changed, then put my hair up in the usual cat ear- styled pigtails. Then I put on a bit of blush and nude lip gloss. I was ready to go! I looked at the time on my phone once more. 

3:21

I was shocked. 

RECORD TIME! 

Even though I was going to be a little late, this was the fastest time I had ever gotten ready. I then took a bus to the cafe. 

Nagisa's POV: 

I woke up early to make sure I would meet Kayano on time. I wanted to look casual but formal, so I put on a blue polo shirt with some grey pants. I looked in the mirror while doing my hair, a bit embarrassed that I haven't had the chance to cut my hair short like I planned. 

"I guess it's fine." 

Soon, I was ready to go. Since I had just gotten my driver's license a week ago or so,  and my mom left her car in the driveway when leaving on a business trip, I could drive to the cafe myself. 

"Oh, can't forget my wallet!" I said and headed out the door.