Chapter 6:4

Pamela slept for a couple short hours, and woke up early in the morning. She watched a few movie tapes, then, around 10am, she cooked a warm, delicious breakfast for herself and Will. It was scrambled eggs, beef sausages, fried turkey bacon, a stack of pancakes, a side of sliced strawberries and grapes, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

She occupied herself by cooking a huge breakfast, to try to keep her mind off of things. It helped a little, but not much. She was still left alone with her anxieties and bad thoughts.

Will had got up to brush his teeth. He smelled the food and prayed and hoped that Pam didn't just cook for herself like she did the last time she was mad at him.He threw on a white t-shirt and plain, dark green basketball shorts. Then, he slowly walked downstairs, hesitant to face Pam. He didn't know if she was still angry, and he didn't want another argument to be started.

He walked into the kitchen, and Pamela smiled at him and held her head up for a kiss. He was confused. Is she mad or not?
He leaned his head down and gave her lips a quick smooch.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yeah," Will replied, looking at her skeptically.

"I'm sorry about how I acted last night." She still didn't feel comfortable about how Monica approached Will. However, she felt bad about how she reacted towards him.

She placed their plates and drinks on the table, and sat down to eat. Will, relieved that she wasn't still upset, sat down beside her at the table.

He joked, "Is this where you kill me?"

"No, I wouldn't do it right here," Pam responded with a smile.

"Oh shit. Where would you do it?"

"Outside."

"Oh really?"

"Shut up, stupid," Pamela said with a grin.

"Well, what else would you do to me outside?"

Knowing what Will was implying, Pamela responded, "Not the nasty. I know that for sure. We out there and next thing you know there's bugs crawling up our asses."

Will bursted out into laughter. Pamela smirked.

They finished eating, and after washing their dishes together, Pamela decided to call Kendra.

"Hello?" Kendra answered, sadness evident in her tone.

"Kendra, I know you're not okay babes. You don't sound okay," Pam said.

"I'll be okay. How's Will? Tell my big brother I say thanks for looking out. Mark ain't gon' do shit."

"You wanna tell him?"

"Yeah, put him on the phone."

Pam walked over to Will, who was laying down on the couch. She handed him the telephone and told him it was Kendra.

"Wassup, Kendra?"

"Hey, Will. I just want to apologize for how Mark acted. I should've went to the party without him. And thank you for sticking up for me."

"It's all cool. You don't have to apologize. That was all on him. Be safe, aight?"

"Yeah," Kendra said.

Will handed Pam the phone, and she sat beside his feet.

"Cut those fricken nails," she whispered to him before putting the phone to her ears.

He stuck his tongue out at her.

"So what you doing?" Pam asked Kendra.

"I'm about to go cook," Kendra stated.

"Alright, call me when you're done."

"You can stay on the line."

"To hear all types of noises in the background? Nope."

"Whatever, I'll call you later then. Love you," Kendra said.

"Love you too."

As soon as Pam and Kendra's call ended, Pam's twenty-seven year old sister, Paige, called.

"Hello?" Pam looked at her hand and adjusted her 6.5 carat asscher cut diamond ring and wedding band that had slightly shifted on her finger.

"It's your sis. How come you haven't called me in a while?"

"I don't know. You were out of town, remember?"

"Yeah, well I'm back now," Paige stated with a playful attitude.

"You're at home?"

"Yes ma'am. How is Will? I heard some things went down yesterday."

"It wasn't anything serious. Don't start making a big deal."

"All I can say is that I wish I was there. I've never seen Will mad before. I woulda loved to see that right there," Paige said with a giggle.

"Well that's too bad. It's a thing of the past. Everyone should just try to let it go."

"You know dad is making a big deal out of it, right?"

Pam glanced at Will, who was focused on the television, then focused back on the call.

"For what?" She responded, annoyed.

"I guess he didn't like how Will spoke. He said he was cussing and saying 'nigga'."

"He was upset. How did he expect him to react?" Pam responded, getting up and going to sit on the highest level of the staircase. Will could hear her. He knew what was up.

"I don't know. I told him Will had to be really triggered to get like that, but he still thinks he should've acted better. It's whatever. Let's talk about something else," Paige said.

"Well how was your trip?" Pam asked, as she went inside of the bathroom for the nail clipper.

"It was good. I brought you back something. Let me call you back later, somebody's calling me."

"Okay," Pam responded as she headed downstairs. She ended the call and placed down the telephone. She then sat beside Will, scooted closer, and put his feet across her lap. She held his feet and clipped his nails until they were low.

"Thanks babe," Will said as she clipped the last nail and placed the nail clipper on the stand beside the couch. "When was the last time we went somewhere? Just me and you?" He questioned, eyes still glued to the television.

"I don't know. A couple months ago, I guess."

"Exactly. Come on," he said as he stood up and turned the tv off. Pam looked up at him, not moving from her seat.

"Where are we going? I gotta get dressed," she said with a smile.

"Let's go to the beach. You look fine. Let's go."

He grabbed her hands and pulled her up from the couch.

They left home and drove to the beach on the other side of the city. They weren't there to get into the water or swim. They sat in the car for a while, taking in the view. Then, they stood and leaned on the hood of the car.

Pam felt the sun shining on her skin, her sports bra, spaghetti strapped tank top, and mini silk shorts, the only layers of clothing she wore. She smiled. Will held her close to him, his frame leaning on the car while her backside was pressed onto his body. His arms were wrapped around her waist.

The sun shined on their bodies, shining on their different shades of brown, while embracing both. They talked small talk, and observed the beauty of mother nature.