Chapter 7:3

Pam slept long and hard. She woke up at noon, freshened up, and dressed in a dark blue crop-top and light blue denim jeans. She greeted her parents, then decided to go for a drive. She had looked in her bag for her purse, but she didn't find it. She thought she might've left it inside of her car. She searched her car, and her purse was not in there either. It was at home. "Dammit," she whispered. She went back inside of the house and called Lisa.

"Hey girl," Pam said.

"Hey babes," Lisa responded.

"Can you do me a favor? Please?"

"What's up?"

"Can you go to my house and get my purse, please?

"Yeah. But, uh, where are you?"

"I'll tell you after you get the purse."

"Did something happen?"

"I just don't wanna see Will right now. I'll come over to your house and talk to you when you get the purse."

"Okay. Kendra just pulled up. I'll take her with me."

"Okay. Thanks."

Call disconnected.

Pam sat in the living room of her parents' home, with her pager in hand.
Will had been calling her cellphone, so she had turned it off and left it in the bedroom. He had paged her many times, but she ignored it.

~
Will was still laying on the couch. He hadn't slept at all. He had been calling Pamela, and each time he was unable to reach her, he became angrier. He was looking at the ceiling, with the telephone on his chest. He heard gentle knocks on the door. He didn't move. He only wanted to see Pam, and she had a key. The knocking stopped, then they became longer and louder. Will stood up, threw on his t-shirt, and unlocked the door. He opened the door halfway and leaned against the frame. It was Lisa and Kendra. They looked normal, so he knew Pam was safe. He stared at them. His shirt was wrinkled, and his face looked rough and tired. His eyes were mildly red. He was blinking slowly.

"Are you okay?" Kendra asked, looking up and down at him.

"I'm good. What's up?" His voice sounded raspy.

Lisa spoke, "We came here to get Pam's purse."

Will took a deep breath. "Tell her to come get it herself," he responded.

Kendra said, "Will, she needs her purse to drive. Her license is in there. What if she gets pulled over?"

"Where is she?" he asked.

"She didn't tell us," Kendra stated.

Will looked at Kendra, then he looked at Lisa. "Y'all know where she is," he said. He then shifted his eyes to Lisa's car. He moved his head around, trying to see if Pamela was possibly in there.

"She didn't tell us where she is, Will. She didn't tell me because she knew you would ask. But, I wouldn't tell you even if I did know," Lisa spoke truthfully.

Will just stood there looking at them.

Lisa spoke again, "Will, can you please just let us get her purse? Please?"

He didn't move.

"She'll come home soon, Will. Just give her some time. But she's gonna need her license to drive. She's gonna need it to go to work. What if she gets pulled over? You know how some of these cops are. Just let us get the purse and we'll be out of your way," Lisa pressed.

"Fine. Tell her to call me, please," Will said. He walked over to the stand beside the staircase and picked up Pam's purse.

Kendra and Lisa stepped closer to the door. Kendra peeked through, and exclaimed, "What the hell?" Lisa peeked and saw the mess in the living room. She pushed the door wide open, and said, "Oh hell no, Will. What the fuck happened up in here? What the hell did you do?"