Chapter 11:4

Pam searched through the pockets of her work uniforms, until she found the paper with the guy's number on it.

She felt a bit nervous. She locked the room door, tried to calm down, then dialed the number into her cell phone. It rang.

After a few seconds, a friendly voice answered, "Hello?"

Pam sat on the edge of the bed. "Hi. This is Pam. The nur-"

"I remember your sweet voice. How are ya?"

Pam felt weird. "Uh, I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm great. It's good to hear from you. Theo really liked you. You were really gentle with him."

"Yeah. He's a cute little guy."

"Yeah. So what are you doing?"

"I'm just sitting down, talking to you," Pam answered.

"I'm watching tv. You watch New York Undercover?"

"Yeah. I watch it sometimes."

"That's cool. Hey, uh, are you free this weekend?" he asked.

"I'm not sure yet. Why?" Nope, I can't go out with you.

"If you are available, would you like to go out somewhere? Maybe a park or a movie? Whatever you're interested in. I can even bring Theo if you don't mind."

"Aww. You really sound like a nice guy. What's your name again?"

"Malik."

"Nice. Well, I'm not sure if I'll be available, but I'll let you know If I am," Pam lied.

"Okay. Thanks for calling me."

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye, Pam."

He's so gentle. But I'm not even interested. Or maybe I just can't be interested, even if I wanted to be. Why am I so stuck on Will? Why can't I flirt with a guy without feeling guilty? That's about to change. I'm teaching Will a lesson. Don't play with my feelings. But what if he finds out and acts all crazy? Nah, he won't. He'll just be hurt. Just like he hurt me, Pam thought to herself.

About two hours later, Pam went downstairs. Will was eating a sandwich. She went into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of potato chips, a tub of chocolate ice cream, a spoon, and a bottle of water. She then walked up the stairs with her hands full. Will shook his head. "At least you ain't leave," he mumbled.

The night became dark, and Zavier had just came back from hanging out with one of his childhood friends all day. He and Will chilled in the living room for a while, then he went to bed.

Will watched an action flick, then he turned the television off and walked upstairs.

He opened the door to his and Pam's bedroom. He saw Pam laying on her back, watching a movie. He flicked the light switch on, and undressed. He then grabbed a towel and boxers, and walked into their bathroom. A few minutes later, he walked back into the room with only boxers on, smelling nice and fresh.

He slid into the bed, scooting close to Pam. She rolled her eyes. He nibbled on her cheek and then placed a kiss on her neck. She pushed his head back, and sat up. She turned towards him and looked at his shoulder and abdomen. Then, she gently rubbed his chest with her right hand. She removed her hand from his chest, turned her back towards him, and continued to watch the movie.

Will said, "I'll let her know that we can't be friends."

Pam heard him, but she didn't respond.
He rubbed her thigh, then he scooted away to give her some space. They lay there in silence, until they both fell asleep.

                                ●
"Man, let me catch that nigga. It's gon' be his unlucky day," Chadwick said to Will, referring to Mark.