II

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

오후 8 31

Leaning against the alley wall, I tucked my left hand into the pocket of my hoodie, the other one holding a cigarette. Two of my friends, Yeoji and Soo, were seated on the old hollow blocks, scrolling through their phone. The bustling of cars not too far away from us were heard faintly, while the sky was turning darker as time went by. It was late in the afternoon after we had finished our last class.

"Hey," Yeoji got off her phone and looked at Soo and I, "wanna go to the pub?" I took off the cigarette from my mouth and dropped it, crushing it with beneath my sneakers, "Let's go."

"Ah, wait." Before we began to walk, I took out my phone and dialed my mom's number. "I'm going to the library, I might get home late tonight. Don't worry about me too much, alright?" My mom hummed, indicating she had understood and was okay with it, and then mumbled a 'take care' before hanging up.

"Eonni, I'll pass today. Chemistry jerk gave us a project." Soo was younger than Yeoji and I, also known to top the class. That's exactly while she's already in her third year of college instead of being in her first one. "See you, then." We both waved at her as she stepped into the bus.

"Speaking of, the chemistry teacher was pretty hot. He actually looked like my ex," Yeoji chuckled like a lunatic, slightly catching the attention of a few passerbys. "Everyone at school looks like shit, maybe except that handsome soccer boy though. Too bad he's got a girlfriend, and I ain't competing with low-class idiots." I shrugged and fastened my pace, Yeoji following after me.

A couple blocks walked later, we arrived at the pub. Thank heavens we were older than eighteen, or paradises like this wouldn't be discoverable. Entering the place, the enticing aroma of alcohol and imported wine welcomed us. The interior was mostly dark wood, make the vibe extremely chill and relaxing, not to mention the royal-looking chandeliers lighting some parts of the room.

Yeoji and I settled down on the corner table the farthest from the window, because we'd be dead meat if our parents or the school authorities found out. I motioned for the waiter to come and ordered a few drinks for us. While waiting for the orders, I took out my phone and opened the gallery.

"Look, I have a boyfriend," I jokingly said, showing her my photo with the random guy on the bus. She shrieked and then looked at me, "I know you're joking but, god I'm jealous! Do you know him?"

"No, I don't. He literally just slept on my shoulder out of nowhere." I shrugged, recalling what happened that time. Yeoji squinted her eyes at me, then rolled them. "Oh right, you barely care about anyone. That's the Park Jimin, he's a dancer and he owns a dance studio a few streets away from the school. I know a few of my friends who are taught by him."

"Cool...NOT. So what if he's a dancer, does that mean everyone likes him? He probably picks up lots of girls having a new one every night." I said, unimpressed by her statement. Everyone's so gullible these days, they just like anyone who has a good face. Amidst the conversation, the waiter came with a few wine glasses and a bottle of champagne.

Pouring it on both of our glasses, Yeoji shook her head at me, having not a single sign of agreement at all. "You just haven't met him for real. His students say that he's single and has always been. They barely saw him with a girl this year, except for when his close 'girl' friend visited the studio. They wondered if they were dating but that girl apparently had a boyfriend."

"Like I care? But... he's got good looks, not gonna lie." I drank the beverage, feeling the warm sensation as it went down my throat. "So yeah. There's just that picture, nothing more. Anyway, what's up with this semester? It's really getting harder than usual."

"As if that would affect you? I seriously hate how my parents keep joking about how I'm still not topping the class when I'm friends with the school's smartest girl," she sighed, taking a small sip from her glass of champagne.