XV

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

오후 5 16

"Annyeong," I waved at Yeoji as we parted way. It was the end of a usual school day, all so stressed out by the new things to study. The sky was fading darker along with the passing of people in the busy streets. Everyone went their own way because for most of us, time was not something to be wasted. I stood by the bus stop, fishing out the box of cigarette and lighting one up for myself.

Breathing out the smoke, I always felt like I was also breathing out the strain inside me, and so I often rely on a cigarette during long days. It's been a while since I held one, though. Leaning against the post as I waited, I inhaled once more, maybe right before it was taken by some nosy ass. "Yah!"

Turning around, Jimin was who I saw, holding the cigarette with his fingers wrapped around it. "It's bad for your health." He looked at me in distaste before he kindled it, throwing it into the nearest bin afterwards. I gave him an exasperated glare and scolded, "what's wrong with you?"

"I don't want to get sick because of you," he clicked his tongue and loosened up his posture. Jimin took something from his bag, rummaging until he found a lollipop. Who carries around a lollipop everywhere? He unwrapped it and then handed it to me, while I took it from him, still unimpressed. He explained, "I carry it around in case I encounter a kid, like if my nephew is left for me to look after."

Another guy caught up with him and came over, slinging his arm around Jimin. It seemed that the two were very close. "Heeey— Oh, the smell," he fanned his nose and noticed that I was in the frame. "Oh, Kim Yunseo-ssi?" The man smiled at me, his smile naturally rendering me to smile back at him. He had that aura.

"Yes, do I know you?" Trying to sound polite, I asked and he chuckled sheepishly, "Ah, I'm Jimin's friend, Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you!" We shook hands and I instantly thought we'd make good friends as he seemed so outgoing, unlike this know-it-all guy over here. "You still up for dinner?" Hoseok turned to Jimin, and then looked back at me, "oh, do you wanna come too?"

"Yes!" "No!" Jimin and I spoke in unison. Hoseok looked at both of us awkwardly, while we looked at each other with contrasting faces. He looked so opposing while I smirked, knowing Hoseok isn't such a bad person. Well, guess I won today.

PARK JI-MIN'S POV

The two walked together ahead of me, laughing their guts out with whatever nonsense they were talking about. I didn't want to make a fuss out of it but Hoseok is just too kind for this tiresome woman. Maybe I should've minded my own business and let her smoke until her liver died out. Well guess what, I have some humanity too.

After quite a while of walking with them though it felt like I was walking alone, we arrived at a pork belly restaurant. The two were getting along so well that it was like they had their own world. I said I'd treat Hoseok but there's no way I'm paying when we're with an uninvited guest.

"This is the proper way of eating samgyeopsal, watch," Yunseo said, wrapping a huge amount of pork with a layer of lettuce, stuffing it into her mouth. Hoseok laughed and followed what she was doing, "like this?"

I was getting sick of feeling invisible so I attempted to join in but sort of sounded like a neglected kid instead. "Me too, I want to learn too," It was what I said but Yunseo only looked at me for a moment and replied, "go make one for yourself!"

Hoseok laughed so hard and I couldn't protest otherwise. I ate there like I was the uninvited one, munching on my samgyeopsal as if I ate alone. Later on, a girl that looked like a young college student came up to the table and asked me, "by any chance, are you Park Jimin?"

"Yes, do you want to take a picture?" I stood up and smiled widely at her, although the two did not even notice as they were so immersed into their own talk. The girl giggled in joy as she took out her phone and took a selfie with me. Seeing how they still did not seem to care, I told the girl to take one more photo. "One more?" I slung my arm around her shoulder, and in the corner of my eye was a piercing glare from the woman that had basically been ignoring me for the past many minutes.

"Jagiya~" It was Yunseo's voice. She was holding a wrap. She looked at the girl with a smile that looked undeniably sarcastic, "Kiddo, we're eating here. Please make it fast, mhm?" The girl looked both shocked and intimidated as she bowed to both of us and walked away, ecstatic nevertheless. She can ignore me for Hoseok who she literally met less than an hour ago, but she can't ignore this? This woman, she really is strange.

I sat back down and refused the wrap she was offering to feed me. Hoseok nudged me in the shoulder and said, "Yaaa, Jimin-ah, you never told me you were dating Yunseo!" She smirked, trying to hide her laugh as I rolled my eyes. "No way, she's just delusional—"

"Aaah," Yunseo shoved a wrap into my mouth and I obviously could not object otherwise. She smiled naughtily and turned to Hoseok, "he speaks nonsense sometimes, I don't even know why he's ashamed to have such a pretty girlfriend!"

"Right, what's wrong with you Jimin-ah?" Hoseok laughed as if he was playing along, and I could be more displeased. The wrap doesn't even have any meat in it, it's literally just a thick pack of lettuce!