XXX

A year had passed and both of them had gone through a chapter without each other. It may have felt like forever, but time does pass quickly especially when you don't try to count the days. The two were away from the very place that brought them together. Yunseo had studied her last year in another country, while Jimin had also gone overseas for work purposes.

Jimin had apparently extended his work field to close countries. On the other hand, Yunseo had become a much better person who no longer felt like studying was a duty, but a choice. She chose it, though, and it definitely felt better without her parents watching every step. Of course, those were only excuses. The truth was, they thought being away from each other would be the best way for them to heal on their own. And maybe it did, but there was still longing, it had always been there although they both became better on their own.

They always hoped for some miracle to happen, even if it would only cause them pain for the second time around. They always hoped that one day, they'd meet by accident and maybe this time, it won't be such a hurtful encounter.

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

It had been a few days since I had settled back in Seoul, the same apartment I lived in a year ago. I felt very different, as if I was really a new person in an unfamiliar city. But of course, I loved it here. Soon enough, I might feel home. Yeoji and Soo still contacted me even during the days I was in Melbourne, though I have to say that our friendship did quite fade. I'm not surprised though, I was too far from them. It was enough to have them check on me during special days.

The sky was at peace while I looked over the ever-so-familiar Han River, standing on the bridge while wind blew a quite strongly. I would be lying if his name barely crossed my mind, but I don't feel like I was so incomplete without him anymore. I was enough with myself. At least I think so.

"Yunseo?" A man approached me, and I recognized him immediately as he still had that bright smile that was always so welcoming. It was Hoseok. He asked, "how have you been?" It was a question I expected to get from almost everyone I encounter ever since I came back. "I'm very well, fortunately!"

"Good to hear! Do you want to stroll around, you know, catch up?" Hoseok asked, which I agreed to delightfully. "When did you come back? How could you not inform your handsome oppa that you went overseas? I'm still offended, you know." He joked.

I chuckled, replying: "How did you know I went overseas?" All I really knew was that only my close friends knew, and although Hoseok was fairly close to me, he was closer to Jimin too. That was why I didn't even think of telling him. "Soo told me. Did you meet her yet? She probably missed you!"

Smiling sheepishly, I said, "Soo and I aren't very close anymore. Same goes with my other friend Yeoji." Hoseok went blank and looked guilty after hearing it, so I repeated that it was fine, I was fine.

"How about you? How have you... been?" It was so difficult holding myself back from asking about Jimin. "Oh, I've been great," Hoseok grinned and looked at me, his smile fading, and then coming back as he muttered, "Him too." Maybe it was too noticeable, that I was so hesitant to ask about him.

"Is he still working in his studio? You're not with him today...?" I forced a smile, but this conversation was becoming really sensitive for me. I wanted to ask though, still. Hoseok answered by saying: "Jimin is in Canada, he's doing some work there but he's coming back in a few weeks though. Although, it seems like he'll be living there for good and is only visiting Seoul for a few days."

"Ah... Is that so..." I nodded, not knowing what to feel about it. Hoseok continued, "It feels like I know him but at the same time, I don't. A few weeks after you ended things with him, he's been giving out all his time and attention on dancing and working. He kept himself so occupied and that's when I noticed something was really wrong. Jimin seemed very bothered, so I asked him and he simply told me that you ended things with him, just that."

"And it was odd, because after that, he became quiet. It's like he was bottling up everything inside, saying he's fine but he clearly wasn't. Walking beside you right now, I know you weren't really okay too, so I'm not siding with anyone here. I want to listen to you too."

I stopped my pace and walked over to the railings, staring ahead beyond the waters. "I watched someone I love, love someone else and I thought that was the lowest I could ever feel, until I realized they never belonged to me. I was fantasizing a love that was only felt by me. I created my own heartbreak. I never wished for things to end up this way."

Hoseok sighed, "You left each other with a lot of unanswered questions that only both of you can answer. And that's why it's such a shame, so messed up. It could've been something even more beautiful than this hurtful heartbreak, right? You didn't give him a chance to explain, ever. I don't want you to end up just missing each other your entire lives. You will never be able to love anyone else anyway if you keep it this way."

"Some things are better left unanswered. It's better than hearing words that will only hurt you." I muttered quietly. Hoseok stood beside me and said, "But somehow, we'll wish that someone would give us the answers we want to hear."

FINAL CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED TOMORROW.