XVIII

PARK JI-MIN'S POV

오전 9 24

The morning was still a bit fresh and new for me as I drove to the studio, set for another day of work. The sky was dark, though, and snow was beginning to drizzle. I almost forgot that December was coming very soon. By the time I got inside the building, the receptionist told me that someone had been calling and asking to talk to me. Something in my mind told me to call back whoever it was, and so I did. A female voice answered, an unfamiliar one. She said, "Is this Park Jimin?"

"That's me. Who is this?" I asked, hearing her huff a sigh of relief. "I'm Kim Yunseo's friend, Lee Yeoji. I was wondering if you know where she is. She didn't come to school today and I'm kinda worried because her parents probably lashed out on her or maybe even worse. I... I don't even want to talk about it. Do you know where she is?"

I ceased talking for a moment, and then came to ask, "Her parents?"

"You see... the thing is..." Yeoji began to explain.

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

It was past my first period in the morning as I looked at the time on my phone's screen. Fortunately enough, I got to cry myself to sleep, at least, although it was not comfortable at all sleeping on the ground. I was still anguished from everything that happened yesterday, and right now, it felt like I would never be able to get past this heavy weight on my chest. The worst part of being who I wanted people to see was that I was not someone who would ask for help.

It was never in my vocabulary to ask for help. In a way or so, I would figure out something to go on with life, even if it feels as if there's no more reason to. It was snowing harder as I walked on the side of the highway, into someplace where I wasn't noticeable. My feet took me to the street food market, a few people giving me stares as I pass by. Maybe it was my disheveled hair, my clothes that did not at all fit the winter, or my worn out eyes that had been dried out from crying.

I realized that Han River was not too far from the place, and since I did not even feel appetized by the strong aroma of the variety of foods, I decided to walk there. People began to get under the covers as a snowstorm took over, which seemed pretty unexpected as the people still managed to go out. Everyone was finding their own shelter, but I could not care less. This isn't much, for my situation, at least. I don't know why, but I walked through the storm soullessly, almost being the only one without an umbrella.

The cold was getting into me and I could feel my body get number as time went by. Having to wear this thin-clothed sweater was not a good idea. I clenched my fists as I dragged my feet, braving the cold as the snow rained on me. "Kim Yun Seo." Out of nowhere, a voice called out my name. I really thought I was imagining things, but he was right there, a meter away in front of me. I looked at Jimin with a plain, tired gaze. How far do I have to walk to escape from my mistakes?

I turned around, walking away from where he stood, when I felt him grab my wrist. Honestly, my heart was beating so fast that time, despite it being too heavy to even beat. I tried to pull my arm away, but he pulled me closer instead. In the blink of an eye, I could feel the warmth of someone, something I'd been longing for. He was gently tapping my back in a soothing manner. Feeling relieved, I rest my head on his shoulder, while a tear slipped out of my eye when I though I was already numb. His arms were off me for a moment until I felt something heavy draped on me, which was his jacket. He pulled away slightly and looked me in the eyes with a faint smile, "Let's go home."

The smile that was just about to form on my lips - it faded when I head his words. I looked away, sounding so emotionless with my words, "I don't want to go home." He pulled me back into his embrace, gently caressing the back of my head. "I know. We're not going there."