XIII

PARK JI-MIN'S POV

오후 6 04

Few days had passed since the last time that girl had came to annoy me. I'm sure it's because of what I said that day which made her walk out on me. Honestly, I felt guilty for being a little insensitive with my words, but at the same time maybe it was fine that I said that because she was kinda overreacting too. It was wrong to lash out on her just like that though, she probably got hurt.

Kim Yunseo seems to be a nice girl, and she's almost completely opposite to me. The first time I saw her, she was crushing cigarette under her foot. Who would've thought a college girl with sort of gangster vibes would waste time annoying a stranger like me? I never asked her to do it, but I was slowly getting used to her presence every other day without realizing it. I just wasn't comfortable being called someone's boyfriend yet though.

It was a Tuesday afternoon when I got out of work earlier than usual, thinking that I had to do something about it. She was not a priority but my conscience really was killing me. Her eyes were so dull when she looked at me for the last time back then. Since I went somewhere a bit far earlier, I brought my car. Driving towards nowhere yet, I thought of something like a peace offering.

There I was again, inside the perfume shop that showcased much luxury in its visuals. I walked over to the perfume Yunseo was eyeing the other day, while the same woman came to me. "Weren't you the guy from the other day, sir? Where's your girlfriend?"

I forced a smile and refused to answer her question, "I'll take one." She muttered a small 'okay' and wasted no time taking a new box of the perfume from the pile, calculating it for a receipt. Paying with my card, I looked at the cute but elegant packaging. She must like scents, hmm. If only I wasn't pressured by my guilt, I wouldn't be buying such an expensive thing for a stranger.

"I'm sure she'll be really happy, sir! See you around," she gave me a bow as I exited the shop with the paper bag in my hand. I tried my best to remember the route to her house, and after a few times getting lost, I finally arrived in front of the not-so-familiar gates.

I fished out my phone and dialed her number that had been quiet for the past days. She answered quicker than I thought with a hard, "Yeoboseyo?" which she clearly forced to sound angry. "Come out of your house." I simply said, expecting her to comply immediately since that was how I knew her.

"You can't tell me what to do. I'm a stranger, aren't I?" She blatantly spoke, her voice still faking an angry tone. Yunseo did sound a bit mad but it sounded more like a spoiled child after not getting a toy she wanted. "Come on now... jagiya." She'll probably come down after hearing that, right? Yunseo hung up and after a few seconds, she opened the gate, only leaning against the frame as she glared at me.

"What do you want?" She said, now avoiding my eyes. I took a deep breath; I couldn't believe I was doing this for a random girl who's not to mention — annoying. "I know I was rude, but I'm sorry..."

I mumbled under my breath, "you were being annoying too though." She exaggerated a disappointed sigh, signaling that she actually heard what I whispered. "I'm sorry, really. Here, look." I took out the small box of perfume from my pocket, and she immediately recognized it. Her eyes widened while her lips curled into a huge smile as she snatched it from my hand.

She closed the gate in my face. Wow, she really just took it and went. At least I don't feel guilty anymore. Taking that as a sign, I walked over to my car on the other side of the street. As I was taking my time dragging my feet, Yunseo appeared out of nowhere and entered the car before I even could. I stared at her and saw her grinning at me, "What? Let's go."

I sat on the driver's seat and buckled up, hearing her say, "It's your treat this time," as she also fastened her seatbelt. Yunseo leaned back in comfort as I was contemplating whether I'd kick her off or drive to someplace else.

Feeling indebted tonight, I agreed to treat her. This one park somewhere in the middle of Seoul was in my mind lately so I drove there despite quite a terrible traffic on the way. It took long enough until we arrived at the place and got a bench to settle down on. Yunseo offered to buy the food on her own while I waited there.

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

"Kamsahamnida." I muttered to the store clerk and took the bag of instant food, happily strolling over to the place where I left Jimin at. He wasn't alone, this time. There was a woman standing in front of her, a safe distance in between them. As I watched from a distance, I saw that there was a hint of awkwardness in between the two.

After almost a minute or two, I'm guessing she bid farewell to Jimin. Observing from afar, I looked at Jimin ironically closely, studying how his eyes were sparkling — he looked neither ecstatic or sad as he watched her walk away, disappearing into the distance.

I sighed, knowing I was sure of one thing; whoever she was, She meant a lot to Jimin.