XI

KIM YUN-SEO'S POV

6 51

A draining week had gone by, and I'm finally over with the exams so I don't always have to spend time with books too often anymore. The previous week felt like hell but I'm just glad it's over now. It's time to do better things, like something actually fun. Speaking of fun, I'd never seen Park Jimin during that week, most likely because I was immersed into studying. I'd love to annoy him at any chance I get.

It was a Friday when I got out of university, feeling a lot less heavier than the past days. Now that I got over with the exams, I wanted to get back to annoying the pretty boy. Not too far from the university was a cutely themed bakery that opened maybe a few days ago. I decided to stop by and buy a box of cupcakes before going to the studio just to cause some annoyance.

Fate didn't play a big role for me but when I saw him walk out the door, it sort of changed my mind. When we locked eyes, he was quick to frown at me, totally not happy to see me. I smiled and walked over to him, showing the box of cupcakes I bought. "Peace not war?"

He looked elsewhere just to avoid my pleading eyes. "I don't like sweets." What an ungrateful boy. That shop should be accused of overpricing but I still bought it for him. "You better do because sooner or later you'll be stuck with me... plus, that's expensive." My wordplay fortunately made him take the box, which of course made me feel good about it.

"I'm assuming you're done with work. How about we have some fun? Let's go!" I began to walk as I was thinking of treating myself after a long, hard week of exams. This was what I always did after a hell week, and it's usually done alone. He's the lucky one who's coming with me this time. "Did I say I'd go?" His reply made me stop in place but it wasn't enough to cancel my plans. Nothing is, really. I walked back to him and dragged him along, not caring how he was following along so sloppily. I do appreciate how he didn't stop me anymore, though, when he could've.

After a hard decision, I decided that we'd go to Han River, because I've always wanted to go there but never get the chance to since it wasn't so close to my place. Another reason is because as I said, I often reward myself on my own so it would pretty much be boring to sit there and admire the night alone. Park Jimin isn't that significant, yet, but he's not my friend either so I thought it would be cool to go with him there. Maybe take it further if possible, too? I'm kidding, he's too arrogant to deal with. I simply just wanted to annoy him. Or something like that.

After taking a bus, we arrived at the place and I sprinted ahead, taking a moment to appreciate the moon's reflection on the water. I looked back at Jimin and saw that he was spacing out as well, but walking rather slowly as he stared at the grassy part of the park. I waved a hand in front of his face and successfully caught his attention. "Hey, can you hold this for me?"

"That's your hand." He mumbled, staring at it. I smiled, finding his statement a bit funny. "Exactly." He grabbed my hand and began squishing it, causing me to whimper in pain. I whined, "Aw, stop! Fine... let go." Jimin took off his grip and smirked. I walked away, rolling my eyes as I badmouthed him inside my mind. Who rejects blessings these days? Park Jimin, I guess.

We were buying snack foods to eat by the river inside a nearby stall. Both of us got cupped tteokbokki and while getting it totaled by the clerk, I was pretending to take out my money, waiting for Jimin to offer to pay instead. After a little while of pretending to ruffle stuff inside my bag, he didn't ever dare to pay with his money. He noticed me staring at him and asked, "what?"

"In Dramas, the guy pays for the food all the time. What kind of human are you?" I shook my head at him and slammed my card on the counter, shocking the clerk who cautiously took it nevertheless. "You dragged me all the way here without letting me protest, and you expect me to pay? You're watching too much Drama." Jimin bluntly said and walked over to the bench we were supposed to sit on, yelling "hurry up." What a shameless man. He's everything opposite to an average ideal man.

While eating by the river, I initiated a little talk since he was being too quiet while eating. It didn't even take too long before he finished his entire serving. "Did you get the money I wired to you?" I asked, receiving a simple nod from him. He didn't even bother to take a look at me. "By the way, I've seen you dance."

"Where?" Jimin asked, sparing me a really short glance at last. "Don't you use social media? You're all over it, ahjussi." I mocked, earning a glare from him. He looked away, "I don't use social media that often."

"You know, I'm kinda jealous because everyone's head over heels for you." I rested my chin on my palm, staring at him across the table. Shrugging, I said, "I don't blame them though, you're handsome. Also hot, I guess." He chuckled, smirking, "Is that so? You can join the dance studio, by the way. I can give you a discount, if you want. You might just have men head over heels for you too."

What is this? Is he really advertising personally? Is he broke or something? Does he have no conscience to just put that into such topic? "Isn't that just an excuse to see me often? And I don't need more men head over heels for me, I know I'm definitely the ideal girl, but it's a bit too much for me." I joked, and even I chuckled at my own statement. "But if I did, would you be head over heels for me too?"

after all,
it isn't just the sunset
that's beautiful.
i guess watching
the moonlight
is fascinating too,
especially with
the right person.