Chapter 1: Sam Kirk

Rain battled against the large window, but she didn't care. Nor did she hear any of it. Her eyes remained shut, her pale skin contrasted with her dark brown hair spread around her head making it look like a halo. The IV tube plunged in her arm, slowly flowing and hanging next to the bed, and the machine quietly beeping, made it clear that her state had stabilized. The silence filling the room was suffocating or peaceful. Nurses came to check in now and then, silently. The girl in the bed did not stir once. There stood no one in the room there, waiting for her to wake up, anxious and worried. There was no one. Ah yes, a boy. A young boy outside the room, a hand on the glass door, worry etched on his features, and also curiosity. His eyes scanned the room and the girl on the bed and stayed there. She had graceful features and a pale face, which didn't seem to be her normal physical state. Her skin was tanned, but paled with the sickness or whatever she suffered from. His hand circled around the supporting rod tighter but his eyes remained glued to the girl. Why was she so intreaguing? She was fairly beautiful from what he saw and there was just something so.. intreaguing, and mysterious about her, like a sort of aura she had that he could feel just by looking at her.

"Alexei?"a voice called out. The boy whirled around to face the nurse who crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance. You could see she had trouble being convincing in that. The said Alexei smiled innocently.

"Yes, Kristine?

"May I be informed of what you are doing out of your room at this hour? You know you have your treatments now!"

The blonde boy winced as he remembered that indeed he was supposed to take his medicines and receive his treatments at once. His eyes looked back to the girl and he sighed before following the nurse back to his room.

"There, one last sting and we're good." Kristine said taking the serynge once more and glancing at the blonde boy who nodded wearily. As she plunged the needle in the vein, he looked out of the window.

"Kris" The nurse didn't look up instead she just hummed.

"Mmhm?"

"When did she arrive here?"he finally turned down to look at her, but she lifted an eybrow with an amused smile.

"You're going to have to be more precise. Oh wait, do you mean the young girl you were staring at?

Alexei rolled his eyes "I wasn't staring." He stated and Kristine took out the needle, her face serious once more as she started rearranging the cart.

"That young person arrived a week ago.

"Why haven't I-

"- Seen her? That's because she has been transferred from another service she was in before.

"When will she wake up?

Kristine shrugged "Probably in a week or so. Coma is hardly predictable young man. You should know that."she smiled and ruffled his hair affectionately. Alexei rolled his eyes playfully, moving aside to avoid the hand before asking

"Who is she anyway?"

Kristine furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at the sitting boy, as she removed her gloves.

"Why the sudden interest? " when he shrugged simply, she smirked and mocked playfully "Think you were lovestruck by the girl eh?"she emphasized the word and Alexei groaned.

"I wasn't lovestruck. You don't get it. I've been here for more than three years, I know everyone here. Every arrival in that service. If she's here, that means she's more likely stay, which is the only reason why I'd like to know her more. It's not like I have many friends anyway, is it."he mumbled looking away. Kristine sighed.