Chapter 2: Life is a game.

Felix had never been one to negotiate orders with Pan. Obeying seemed like the right thing to do, however he did not always fully agree with the orders, he still applied the rules and followed the orders. It could be called loyalty in a very strong sense. Pan knew he could always count on him, no matter what.

However there was one thing that could overcome this loyalty, however strong and blind it could be. Something that one could not even overpower, for it often rules the heart which sometimes leads to take action over reason. That something had reached the blonde boy in such a way, his loyalty to Pan found its limits. That thing was the reason he sat there, on a log, his eyes glazing through the flames, his mind racing and working on an idea. Insane was the word for it. The whole idea was insane, yet hope fed the concept so powerfully, it started forming into something more concrete than a dream or else a simple projection of the mind of an eventual wish. Feelings mixed in the lot, the probability of a success kept increasing. His eyebrows knitted together were only a very small image of the mess occurring in his mind which left him highly confused and probably unsure as to how to deal with it all. A twig snapped and his hands fidgeting with the tip and the handle of a knife curled into fists and ragily dug the blade into the soil, and his elbows sat on top of his knees.

"Why so thoughtful Felix?"a small voice spoke up quietly and he simply detached his elbows from his knees, his face looking down, as he remained silent.

Tink tiptoed to him and sat on the log next to him, her eyes traveling from the fire to the club resting on the ground and the knife rooted into the soil until they settled on the frowning face. After a few confused seconds, a look of recognition appeared on her features and with a sigh she looked down at the fire as if the idea Felix had in mind was some kind of obsession of his. Something like disappointment spread on her face, and her arms wrapped around her knees slightly, her eyes sad. Her emotions were confused now, sadness, anger, confusion, curiosity but her reason killed the little excitement inside her and anger took over.

"Stop this Felix. Stop it now before it's too late.

The blonde boy settled in the silence while she shifted, sighing and shaking her head and repeated quietly and probably angrily.

"Stop thinking about it. You're banging your head against a wall. Just stop it now otherwise you'll lose more to it."

Felix remained deadly silent and Tinkerbell grew fed up of it, tears welled up her eyes and she turned to him completely, shouting.

"JUST STOP IT WILL YOU?! IT'S OVER!! WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT IT AFTER ALL THIS TIME??! WHY???! "

Felix turned to her with painful and curious eyes. Maybe he felt curious of the answer he would get and at the same time, he knew it, hence the pain.
A tear escaped her eyes and she let out in a breath, her eyes looking up into his pleadingly.

"She's not coming back."was all she whispered. Felix gritted his teeth, shaking his head. He still believed. It couldn't be true it couldn't be. All this time he remained in denial, refusing the terrible truth, the one he'd have to face, accept and live with. No. He refused. Until then, never had the subject been spoken of, especially with Tinkerbell. Not even with Pan. Life had just gone on, forgetting seemed easier. Felix had stayed in his own thoughts, absent from reality that children cannot bear to face. Stay kids forever right? That was it. But tight now, there was a blonde girl next to him begging him to accept the truth. Tink was desperate to see that boy she lived being torn apart with the tragedy, no longer happy as he used to be, no longer looking for company, not even hers. She needed him so badly and she wad hurting, for she bore the pain in his heart. Tears escaped her eyes and she looked up to his face which was trying to remain blank and reject the truth.