Chapter 7: Change of plans

The water made her jolt awake and gasp loudly, her whole body shivering at the contact of the ice cold water. When she tried to move aside, she found herself dragged back down on the chair. Her wrists tied to the chair and her ankles tied to its legs made it difficult for her to do so, as well as the blindfold. The darkness and the coolness of the water made her suffocate, yet it was too tough to struggle.

"Ah, our little princess is awake. The little prince next door still has trouble staying that way. Let's hope you don't, because it's rather painful."

The voice rang, and echoed, she could only guess they were shut in a small enclosed room with just the man talking and herself. Her friend was next door. Her wrists fought the restraints and her mouth opened to form the words difficult to pronounce.

"I know who you are. What do you want?!"

The sound of footsteps grew louder as he now bent down to her level and chuckled.

"We're still one step ahead of you aren't we? "

The young girl gritted her teeth, fighting the urge of whimpering at the darkness she had difficulties bearing.

"It's simple really. The plan has to get to the right end. "

"If you want information, you're wasting your time."

"Oh please, if I wanted information I would have saved my breath and energy, and time at the same time. To be honest I really do hate working to no avail. Right now, that's not what it is.For information I would have picked someone less... resistant?"

The girl clenched her jaw and struggled, suddenly enraged at what he meant and who he was referring to.

"So the plan is easy, and it won't be painful if you let me work peacefully. Got this? All you need to do, to help me-

"Go to hell."

"... -is to clear your mind and jump into that hole you see in your mind, can you do that?"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes at how dramatic he was being and lifted her eyes, ignoring the blindfold and pushing her mind forward so she knew when she made eye contact and spat.

"Whatever you plan to do will not make you win. You may have won the first time, but this time, I'll be the one to watch you sink to the floor."

"Very inspiring really, as you can see, planning a victory when you're in the position you're in is probably not extremely coherent."

"We both know that's not even an argument, so what is it you're actually planning?"

The silence increased her anxiety more and more until he simply said.

"I'm half way to kill everything about you. But first, I'll make you completely and irreversibly empty. As well as a certain someone struggling next door."

Her eyes widen and she flinched, suddenly struggling and screaming.

"NEIS DON'T LET THEM DO IT!!! FIGHT ALL YOU CAN!!! NEIS!! DON'T FORGET-"

The blow he gave her with the metal pipe laying on the floor was enough to shut her up, her head ringing to the point where she ceased to fight, pain exploding in the chest as the pipe hit her body another time and again and again, the man shouting.

"SHUT UP! SHUT. UP! STOP FIGHTING!! SHUT. UP!!!"

The poor girl closed her eyes, barely hearing the screams next door

"LILY I'M HERE! I HEAR YOU!
DON'T LET THEM E-" He was cut off mid sentence as well, until complete silence followed. The man grinned.

"Well, I guess human ways of torture are not as ineffective as I had thought."