Chapter 4: Time to die?

Felix stared at the tree sorrowfully. His hand reached for the clean green trunk as his eyes travelled to the long branches gracefully grazing the floor, filled with tiny pixies making it looks like the tree shone brightly, especially at night, as would a star. One of the pixies grinned mischievously and started tugging the boy's hair for fun. Due to its tiny height, Felix barely felt a thing but still cracked a smile.

"Ah, see even after that, your mischief still torments us." He faked whining, but the smile he wore still held some sadness, and it wasn't long before he looked back at the trunk with a sigh.

"I have to be sure. I can't live with the doubt, you know?... Pan won't listen, because it's too painful... but I still hope. . . Tink would kill me if she knew but she's busy, and I have to see for myself. Wish me luck... I've never disobeyed his orders before, so... I'm not looking forward to seeing him when I return... but I made up my mind. "

With that, the blonde boy dropped his hand to the side and walked away without turning back.
No one could see the eyes watching him walk away, with sympathy and curiosity, picking up her stuff muttering .
"What are you up to now...? " Clueless about it, the blonde boy went on, looking around carefully before suddenly jumping into the bushes that she knew very well.

"What are you trying to do right now??"she wondered interested and confused. She followed after him and watched as he picked up some strange clothing and packed them all in one bag before throwing it over his shoulder. She acknowledged his tight fists, most likely holding something she had no clue what, until he took a deep breath and threw the powder to the ground, disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

"How did he-?" Her question remained unanswered but she immediatly snuck off out of the hiding spot and dashed to camp where all the lost boys were busy, as usual.

"Where is Pan? Where is Pan?"she asked out loud, triggering no reaction whatsoever. The boy was nowhere to be found. As her eyes travelled around the area, she felt strange and somehow painful, standing there... Acknowldeging the figure behind her, she nodded.

"I know, I'm coming."
The figure nodded, again no reaction from the lost boys stepping back and walking away. She turned away, only to find herself face to face with Pan himself. Her eyes narrowed, and she simply stared at him for a few seconds, denying the paleness on her face. He looked around before setting his eyes right on her. She froze in place, staring back for a few seconds. Then she scoffed and walked away, vainly hitting his shoulder on the way, since no reaction came from the young boy, ignoring her completely. She retrieved back into the woods, joining the figure waiting for her, grinning at him and challenging him to a race to the river. Pan couldn't find the boy he was looking for, Jeremy, and frowned, frustrated and not ready to lose time he whistled for the boys to gather.

"All right boys, you've worked hard but not enough , where is Jeremy?"

At the sound of the name, two heads perked up, startled but quickly looked down, refusing to talk. The others simply shook their heads or shrugged, showing Pan they had no idea where the boy was. Pan sighed and eyed the boys carefully. Something was going on around here that he did not know about and he very much disliked it. He resented it. His eyes scanned the group remaining silent and dreading his sentence.
Rolling his eyes, the master of the island paced before them slowly, watching them and spoke up, making sure they measured all his words.

"Jeremy arrived only ten years ago, yet he knows the rules. So do all of you. Where is he? "

When no one answered, Pan's look hardened to the point where his eyes turned darker and he stepped forward towards the boys stepping back, terrified.

"I repeat one last time. Where. Is . Jeremy?"he growled.
Silence followed after a few
"We swear we know nothing Pan!

"We'll find him!