Chapter 6: Unexpected loss

Dedicated to my lovely reader, thank you wo much for making my day better with your hilarious and cute comments,  you're gorgeous thank youuu! Dreamland_Dreamer
Ps: sorry for breaking your heart here...
Will dedicate a better chapter later dw 😉😘😘

______________________________________

   Ben smiled widely and nodded, his little fingers tightened around the piece of paper, his eyes gazing up at her innocently and lovingly. She nodded in approval and kissed his forehead, her hands cupping his face. The young witch crouched down to his level and said in a hasty and hushed voice.

"Ben, honey, you must not tell anyone about this okay? Mummy has to leave for a while, so you be a good boy, I will come back I promise, okay?"

"Where are you going Mummy?

"It's not too far. Think of it as a surprise I'm preparing, yes?"

"Mmh."the little boy nodded trustingly.

"You must stay very discreet about this, and keep it for yourself. So when I come back, you'll be the first to know, because when I do, I'll sing this little song I showed you. Until then, you keep it safe and you'll show it to no one until I'm back here and you're sure you can do it. I believe in you little one. Be a good boy, okay?"

She smiled, stroking his face and kissed his forehead one more time before vanishing. Ben kept the grip on the paper so tight it hurt. He held it against him like a treasure, gravely and trotted back to the tents, hiding it in his pillow.

She materialized on the cliff, wrapping her cloak tighter around herself and keeping her hood on her head, her heart hammering in her chest. Somehow her hands were shaky and she could feel cold sweat in her nape. Something was off. The breeze was still soft and warm, yet it held that slight bitterly cold sensation burning on her face and leaving a cold mark. Her feet carried her further towards the ocean until she came to a stop, inhaling deeply. The morning was fresh and beautiful, the sun started to rise and the jungle was awakening. The ocean rumbled in a rolling waves crashing on the rocks, the grass danced to the wind and the birds welcomed the first rays of sun as a sign of a good day coming. The grass was a deep shade of green, with some lighter reflections, as well as on the spot the young witch stood on.

At least, until it was stained with red crimson drops, clashing with the soft color of Neverland's grounds, and mixed with the salted bitter taste of tears.

Peter pan suddenly grunted, bending over in pain and tottering. His legs did not obey him anymore the pain was too intense, the chair was kicked out of the way, all his stuff on the table crashed to the floor. His face scrunched up in pain, as his hands reached for his chest, more particularly his heart. Felix burst into the tent, having heard the mess. His eyes widened and he rushed to help his friend up.

"Pan!! Hey snap out of it! What's wrong??"

He supported him to the bed and sat him there. The pain did not decrease, if anything it hurt more.

Olivia opened wide eyes and her body startled at the impact. Her lips slightly opened but there was only blood pouring out, no words could be formed, nor could she call for help.

Felix held his friend by the shoulders, and tried to get him to calm down or speak but his mouth opened only to close again. Pan's eyes were a deep deep shade of green and he sank from the bed to his knees. Her eyes looked down at the blade piercing through her chest and making her numb. Her body started trembling and her mind clouded up. She stared at the shadow in shock. It grinned at her wickedly and flew closer, whispering in her ear: "I win. And you get to disappear. Forever."