7 - Dog Breath

The car pulls up by a shabby looking Chinese place. They rush out of the car and drag me out with them. The smell of salt is overwhelming, meaning that wherever we are it's by the sea. Great, that's going to make it a lot harder for Alec to find us. I spit onto the ground, trying to get rid of the blood that has entered my mouth from my broken nose. These bastards are going to pay. I think about fighting against them now as they shove me towards the Chinese restaurant, but something stops me. They haven't taken my stele away from me.

"Where are we? This isn't the police station." I hear a recognisable voice ask persistently. My head shoots in the direction and I see two men drag Clary and Simon into the building as well.

The three men behind me push me into the restaurant after Clary and Simon. I'm not sure who it is with them, but Clary seems to know him.

"Why do I keep getting kidnapped?" Simon moans.

"Not to be self-centered, but I think it's me they're after." Clary replies as they are shoved into a booth. The three man shove me again into the the center of the room and I feel Simon and Clary's gaze on me.

"What should we do with the shadowhunter?" One of the men ask from behind me. The man in the booth opposite gives me a brief look.

"Put her over there." He says nodding his head towards the corner of the room. The men push me away from the others and force me into the corner. I look at them for a moment.

"You guys gotta tissue or something? You know, for the blood." I ask, hoping to distract them from Clary and Simon. I will not let these dicks hurt them, not on my watch.

"Sit down and shut up." One of the men grunt at me before walking away. I do as they say and drop to ground. Soon all of their attention is off me and on Clary.

"Okay, what is going on? Alaric, did you arrest us for trespassing or something, because, news flash, I was in my own apartment." Clary snaps at them from across the table.

"We're just having a little conversation, that's all." The man next to Alaric says.

"Do you always handcuff people you wanna talk to?" Simon chimes in. As they talk I slowly reach towards my stele. I don't want to gain their attention just yet.

"You just need to tell us where the Mortal Cup is." Alaric says leaning closer to Clary. Oh, of course, the bloody cup has come to bite us in the ass, yet again. If they want the Cup then they're part of the shadow world. I know they're not Seelies or Warlocks. They must be wolves. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Everyone thinks I can find this Cup, but I don't know where it is!" Clary says back.

"Think, Clary. I'm trying to give you a chance." Alaric says.

"I can't help you. I'm sorry. Now will you please let us go?" Clary spits at them. My fingers touch the end of my stele and I slowly and quietly pull it out of my pocket.

"Playtime's over." The other man says shoving a fork into the table. Damn, got ourselves a drama queen over there.

"Theo, just let me talk some sense into them." Alaric says to him.

"No, we did it your way. Now, we're gonna try it my way." Theo says. I watch as two men grab Simon and begin dragging him away. Shit. I quickly draw a rune on my restraints and snap them off.

"Hey, don't touch him!" Clary yells as she watches her best friend being taken away. I jump to my feet and charge at one of the men holding Simon. I tackle him to the ground and punch him in the face. I then turn to the next one and kick his knee forcing him to the ground. I wrap my arm around his throat. Simon rushes to the side of the room getting out of the way of the fight. The man I tackled gets off the floor and swings his fist at my jaw. My grip immediately loosens around the man's throat and soon I am begin held in place by two other men, one holding each arm.