Chapter 8

Logan

The door to my room opened and closed gently, the soft thudding of footsteps stopped behind me.

"Aaron, we won't be in for dinner, I told mum already," I said, standing in front of the window, I was always captivated by the view and peaceful.

"Have she given her answer?"

"She accepted, but on some terms."

"Logan, I understand the throne is a family business but lies-"

I turned to face him. "You don't get it, the throne must stay in the family."

"Leo is family."

I shook my head, I've always heard this, he was family and nothing could change it.

"I've always been compared to my cousin, I struggled to get my income despite being royal, but Leo always gain more favour, now Aaron, imagine I lose that throne to Leo?" I paused as understanding crossed his face.

"I will lose everything."

"Get the car ready, we need to visit the hospital."

He nodded in understanding and walked out the door.

I ran my fingers down my hair as my thoughts wandered to Leo, he was older than me by three years, and was the son of my late uncle.

Unlike me, he was not direct to the throne but he seemed royal than I was, we had our childhood together but that broke.

I owned LASH, a company that focused on app creation, and he owned RMC(Royal motors company) which was one of the tops in automobile, he owned a share with Toyota mobile Corp and Ford mobile company, which was one great reason mum believed in Leo and not in me.

I wasn't bothered by her lack of faith in me, but I wasn't going to let my right be passed down to anyone either, especially Leo.

I pocket my hands in my trousers and turned my back to the window.

***

Aaron drove down the busy motorway of London, shops and business were still going on, workers were returning from work and this made the street a little bit crowded.

Annabelle sat next to me, our deal was meant to end today but thanks to mum, I was stuck with her for a month.

"So, you are really going to introduce yourself as my boss?" She asked.

"Yes."

"What's the name of this pretend company?"

I turned to her, she didn't know I own a company? She didn't know I was royal at first sight? what planet was she from?

"I run an app development company, Eva."

"Is Eva the name of this company?" She asked, with an innocent smile.

Her aim was to piss me off, I could tell from her smudged look. I stared at the rare mirror and saw Aaron smiling, he was enjoying this.

"Eva I-"

"Can we drop the Eva act when I'm out of the castle? and I need a change in my wardrobe."

"Why?"

"Why what? What do you not understand? the first part of the second part?"

Calm down Logan, calm down.

"Why do you need a change of wardrobe? You have everything you need?" I asked, slowly stressing each word.

"You packed me full with gowns, I can't live on gowns."

"Aaron, please see to that."

"I will love to get it myself or get my old ones."